Kaimusailing

s/v Kaimu Wharram Catamaran

Vessel Name: Kaimu
Vessel Make/Model: Wharram Custom
Hailing Port: Norwalk, CT
Crew: Andy and the Kaimu Crew
About: Sailors in the Baltimore, Annapolis, DC area.
23 April 2024 | St Marys, GA
17 April 2024 | St Marys, GA
07 April 2024 | St. Marys, GA
02 April 2024 | St. Marys, GA
21 March 2024 | St. Marys, GA
01 March 2024 | St. Marys, GA
23 February 2024 | St. Marys, GA
15 February 2024 | St. Marys, GA
11 February 2024 | St. Marys, GA
06 February 2024 | St. Marys, GA
26 January 2024 | St. Marys, GA
14 January 2024 | St. Marys, GA
09 January 2024 | St Marys, GA
23 December 2023 | St Marys, GA
10 December 2023 | St Marys, GA
25 November 2023 | St. Marys, GA
17 November 2023 | St. Marys, GA
17 November 2023 | Somers Cove Marina, Crisfield, MD
03 November 2023 | Somers Cove Marina, Crisfield, MD
26 October 2023 | Somers Cove Marina, Crisfield, MD
Recent Blog Posts
23 April 2024 | St Marys, GA

D4 Launchie

The laptop pooped the bed, so I have to scurry around with alternatives. Not as bad as typing on the phone.

17 April 2024 | St Marys, GA

Dinghy Skeg

I was suffering with what seemed like a cold and also had allergy symptoms. I awoke and felt fine. The green pollen that was coating everything was gone. Maybe it will return.

07 April 2024 | St. Marys, GA

Clammy Hands

Items came in from TEMU, the Chinese cut rate retailer. One was a nice little drone that cost about twelve and a half dollars. It looked like an easy thing to play with while I coughed and sneezed. I was fighting a summer cold, even though it is not summer elsewhere, it seems like it here. A nice [...]

02 April 2024 | St. Marys, GA

Sun Doggie

After laminating the cedar strips onto the gunwales of the dinghy I found the screws I used wouldn’t come out. The epoxy had seized them. The screw heads were stripped so I cut a straight slot in the heads with the cut off wheel. The cedar smoked when the screw heads got red hot. I could remove [...]

21 March 2024 | St. Marys, GA

Just Add Water

The rainy weekend started off with overcast and fog but no rain. It looked like I might be able to get something done on the D4 dinghy. I wanted to change the bow seat which is really the bow deck. The sailing option uses the deck to hold the freestanding mast. I didn’t like how the deck looked, [...]

01 March 2024 | St. Marys, GA

D4 Dinghy Alternative Seats

The rain event was more wind than rain, strong winds with gusts up to 44 mph. We drove into town to see what the harbor was like. There was a small sailboat that had dragged anchor and was sitting close to shore. The tide was out. We left and played with Bleu at Notter’s Pond.

Superspreader IV

13 October 2021 | Somers Cove, Crisfield, MD
Cap'n Chef Andy | Perfect Weather
These are hard weeks when I have to prepare to go back to my catamaran, Kaimu, in Georgia, near Fernandina. I will miss my friends up here in Crisfield, but hopefully some of the old crowd in the boatyard in Georgia will be there.
.
If you have friends, relatives, children, don’t worry about traveling physically to be with them, they know you, just a good connection via the internet will suffice. Our hearts have been torn by the pandemic, they say depression and anxiety are rampant, I feel it myself. Those of us who are thrown together hunker down and can only do so for so long, we want to shrug it off and resume our former activities, to hell with the pandemic.
.
I am bummed, the umbilical electrical cord that I ordered at a discount from eBay was delivered, and we dropped it into a dock cart and then had wine and cheese steaks at the Legion. It was gone when I returned.
.
It’s not the financial blow of having someone steal your stuff, it’s the awful idea that someone would do that. I ordered another cord. Done. Malcolm, my friend, who was on security duty helped me narrow the time when the theft occurred down to an hour or so the evening before.
.
Eve had given me stuff to take back to my refrigerator, slices of pizza, some toppings, the other night. In the morning I made an omelet. It came out OK, not my usual, but good for camping on a boat.
.
Eve and I are all gas and no brakes. Dangerous machines. I kind of know how things will turn out when I get involved with her. The cocktail hour starts early and dinner is always late. I am OK with some friends coming over, she engineers it. She is breaking down my social boundaries. Eve will buy drinks for those who the state troopers are eyeing for DWI.
.
It’s hard to get a DWI on a bicycle, but maybe it could happen, I’ve skirted the issue. Will I be killed in a vehicle or on a bicycle. Or on a sailboat.
.
Today is Wednesday and it is the annual Crab and Clam Festival which was always held in July, but is postponed to today in October due to the pandemic. The marina is completely full and it holds a lot of cars. Cars are parked outside the marina on all the local streets, on people’s lawns, as far away as the city dock. This would qualify as another superspreader event. September had a surge in covid cases after the festivities of Labor Day and the Hard Crab Derby. Cases had started to fall off and now we are tempting our health fate again. Tickets for today’s event are $60 a head and there must be well over a thousand people here.
.
Someone who knows said there were about 2500 people at the event in the marina.
.
I had ordered a small amount of epoxy hardener from Raka in Florida and they don’t provide tracking numbers unless you ask, so I went to CM’s house to see if it arrived. There was a package there. It was from the same vendor who sold me the electrical cable that was stolen. My, that’s fast delivery, I just ordered it yesterday. I checked the tracking number and it’s the same package that was stolen from the marina. Curiouser and curiouser.
.
The image was taken today at the Crab and Clam Festival.
Comments

About & Links

SailBlogs Groups