sailing

30 May 2013 | Porto
30 May 2013 | Portugal
22 May 2013 | Povoa de Varzim
20 May 2013 | Povoa de Varzim
15 May 2013 | Povoa
24 March 2013 | Povoa de Varzim
24 March 2013 | Povoa de Varzim
07 March 2013 | Povoa de Varzim
07 March 2013 | Povoa de Varzim
07 March 2013 | Povoa de Varzim
07 March 2013 | Povoa de Varzim
20 September 2012 | Povoa de Varzim
20 September 2012 | Povoa de Varzim
14 September 2012 | Povoa de Varzim
14 September 2012 | Cambrai
14 September 2012 | Cambrai
13 September 2012 | Cambrai
08 July 2012 | Povoa
06 July 2012 | Povoa
02 July 2012 | Povoa de Varzim

More Tourism in Gibraltar

28 August 2011 | La Linea
My son Alex is here for almost a week. Yesterday we went up the Rock by cable car, bright blue skies and not a cloud in sight so we were baking. We saw more of the apes than on my earlier visit with Jack last year. For me the view is the thing and it was clear right across to Africa, we spotted dolphins in the bay as well.

There were lots of other tourists snapping the apes grooming each other, they have some disgusting habits which I chose not to photograph myself but this was very popular with many. Here is one of the younsters in the fountain at the visitors centre.

We planned to come down the Mediterranean steps but couldn't find them, Jeff said they were not easy to spot unless you had come up them first and he was right. Alex and I trudged down the winding road, dodging Blands tour buses, sipping what was left of our water and finally made it to the bottom with calf muscles aching. Alex remarked that we should have bought a return on the cable car, it was only £2.50 more - he was right. A pity we missed the steps as although they are steep people say it is well worth the effort and no doubt a lot quicker than by road.

I treated Alex to a cold beer and excellent pizza at Mama Mia before catching the bus back to Casemates. I gather that now buses between Casemates and anywhere apart from the frontier are free.





























































































Comments
Vessel Name: kaivalya
Vessel Make/Model: Colvic Countess
Crew: Steve and Sue

Who: Steve and Sue