Sail Away With Me

11 July 2009 | Marsh Harbour
10 July 2009 | Abaco, Bahamas
09 July 2009 | Marsh Harbour
08 July 2009 | Marsh Harbour
06 July 2009 | Treasure Cay to Guana Cay
03 July 2009 | Fiddle Cay, Bahamas
24 June 2009 | Same
30 April 2009 | Abacos Bahamas
22 April 2009 | Green Turtle Cay, Abaco
10 April 2009 | Manjack Island
17 February 2009 | Abacos Bahamas
15 February 2009
14 February 2009 | Abacos Bahamas
13 February 2009 | Abacos Bahamas
11 February 2009 | Abacos Bahamas
07 February 2009 | Abacos Bahamas
06 February 2009 | Abacos Bahamas
05 February 2009
01 February 2009 | Bahamas
24 December 2008

Missing you

17 February 2009 | Abacos Bahamas
To all of you who have been trying to follow us through the blog - sorry we have been so slow. We have internet service occasionally and intermittently at best and than of course we are busy sailing, fishing and having fun! We will try to catch up and add more pictures and a video of the boat so you can have some idea of what she looks like. The Dana Jean is a 1997 Gemini 105 M. We bought her in Florida and are the second owners. We do have a lot of living and storage space, and the improvements Larry has made makes her more user friendly. She is easy to fish from, swim from, get in and out of the dingy from (the dingy is named Donna after my mom), and she is close to the water so we can see the turtles, sharks and dolphins up close and personal. She draws only 2ft of water which allows us to get into shallow waters, a couple of times we have even walked out our anchor and stuck it in the sand by hand. I like this feature because if we are beachcombing the boat is close by. So far everything is going as planned. We had only one mishap. The first night at West End, Bahama, our dingy motor was stolen. The thieves came in the middle of the night by water and cut the motor tie down and took it off the dingy which was up on the davits. We ordered another motor from Nassau and had to wait 2 days for delivery. In general the islanders are very friendly and helpful. They have stopped and given us rides, given us access to their internet, given us lobster and shared information on fishing and diving. We have also met some friendly sailors who we hope to see again. We will be coming back to Kennewick, before April 15 to do the taxes and visit family and friends. Keep in touch we love hearing from you.
Comments
Vessel Name: Dana Jean
Vessel Make/Model: Gemini 105M Catamaran
Hailing Port: Kennewick, WA
Crew: Larry Gabaldon and Dana Brown

Sail Away with Me

Who: Larry Gabaldon and Dana Brown
Port: Kennewick, WA