Sail Away With Me

11 July 2009 | Marsh Harbour
10 July 2009 | Abaco, Bahamas
09 July 2009 | Marsh Harbour
08 July 2009 | Marsh Harbour
06 July 2009 | Treasure Cay to Guana Cay
03 July 2009 | Fiddle Cay, Bahamas
24 June 2009 | Same
30 April 2009 | Abacos Bahamas
22 April 2009 | Green Turtle Cay, Abaco
10 April 2009 | Manjack Island
17 February 2009 | Abacos Bahamas
15 February 2009
14 February 2009 | Abacos Bahamas
13 February 2009 | Abacos Bahamas
11 February 2009 | Abacos Bahamas
07 February 2009 | Abacos Bahamas
06 February 2009 | Abacos Bahamas
05 February 2009
01 February 2009 | Bahamas
24 December 2008

Race #3

08 July 2009 | Marsh Harbour
Not enough
After the first race, Larry and I knew we didn't know anything about racing and needed help in the next race and just by chance, the night before the 3rd race, (second for us) I meet Joanne by the bathrooms. As we were waiting for a stall to open up, I asked her if she knew anyone who might want to race with us. She said, let me talk to my husband, Jep and see if he would like to join you. Well as luck would have it he did and he was an experienced racer. That evening, Larry and I took everything we could, about 800+ lbs, off the boat and stored it at Mangoes Marina. We are serious now. We had an expert with us. Jep joined us in the morning and we were off to win a trophy. Jep took over and boy was it exciting. This was the Marsh Harbour Race, one of the more difficult races, a triangle and windward leeward course. We were the first ones out of the starting line. He made it look so easy. As we were sailing along, Joanne had a dingy bring her out to the boat and underway, going about 6 knots, she just hops onto the boat like this was something she does every day. I was impressed. And she was also an experienced racer. Now, we had it made, two experienced racers. Ya hoo! We didn't make one mistake, rounded those markers like pros. Opps - where did the wind go? Oh No! Last again. Well, at least we had fun, enjoyed our time with Jep and Joanne and learned stuff about sailing/racing. But wait, there's more - there is another party! I'm now seriously thinking about rum. The awards and party was at Snappas in Marsh Harbour. The rum and beer were free and the music was great. Larry won a case of beer in a game to see who could drink four cans of beer the fastest. He won by default and moving empty beer cans around (cheating) not by drinking the beer. I told you these events are rigged! Everyone had fun and Larry shared the beer.
Comments
Vessel Name: Dana Jean
Vessel Make/Model: Gemini 105M Catamaran
Hailing Port: Kennewick, WA
Crew: Larry Gabaldon and Dana Brown

Sail Away with Me

Who: Larry Gabaldon and Dana Brown
Port: Kennewick, WA