Sailing with KIST

02 June 2012 | San Diego, CA
27 May 2012 | Pacific coast of Baja California
16 May 2012 | Turtle Bay
08 May 2012 | Bahia Magdelena
27 April 2012 | La Paz, Mexico
25 April 2012 | La Paz
14 April 2012 | La Paz
03 April 2012 | La Paz, Mexico
21 March 2012 | Stone Island, Mazatlan
16 March 2012 | La Cruz
09 March 2012 | Melaque, Barra, and Tenacatita
01 March 2012 | Melaque
23 February 2012 | Banderas Bay
08 February 2012 | Banderas Bay
31 January 2012 | Banderas Bay
29 January 2012 | La Cruz
24 January 2012
23 January 2012 | San Blas

San Diego - finally

08 November 2011 | San Diego, CA
Bonnie/Sunny...today at least
Finally, we arrived in sunny San Diego—minus the sun! We left Mission Bay in good winds and sailed the two hours into San Diego just in time to avoid a huge aircraft carrier that was coming out of the bay with navy escorts galore. From the helicopters to the navy cutters it was obvious that we were not supposed to get any where near that ship. Just as we cleared the carrier and turned the corner of Pt Loma with a sigh of relief, Kevin noticed a couple of tugs within the channel and some blue lights on some small police boats both of while where protecting a submarine making its way out the bay – this time we didn’t have a choice but to be closer than comfortable so just slowed way down and watched it and all its protection go on their way.

As we got to the dock it started raining and the longer we were at the dock it poured! Thankful that we were tied up we took care of some chores and got ready for our visitors to come. Kelsey and her boyfriend, Scott were heading our way from Tucson. We had a great visit, did boat type stuff on one day, football on another day, and exploring the city the following day.

At this point we are getting ready to leave for Mexico, we just need to take care of some business with our other boat and then wait for a good weather window. Our first destination will be Ensenada where we’ll check in and try out a few of our newly acquired Spanish words. That should be fun…
Comments
Vessel Name: KIST
Vessel Make/Model: Fraser 41
Hailing Port: Bellingham WA
Crew: Kevin and Bonnie Peterson
About: Kevin and Bonnie hail from Bellingham Washington. Kevin is a special education teacher at Mount Baker High School in Deming Washington and Bonnie is a self employed project manager. We have two wonderful daughters and two very special grand daughters whom we are going to miss very much on our trip.

Who: Kevin and Bonnie Peterson
Port: Bellingham WA
Email: sailingkist@yahoo.com