s/v Skylark

It's Always An Adventure

02 September 2017 | Yarmouth, ME
02 September 2017 | Yarmouth, ME
01 January 2017 | Bethel, Maine
01 January 2017 | Bethel, Maine
13 December 2016 | Bethel, Maine
13 December 2016 | Bethel, Maine
13 December 2016 | Charlotte, NC
01 December 2016 | Charlotte, NC
01 December 2016 | Charlotte, NC
20 November 2016 | Washington DC/Charlotte NC
06 November 2016 | Bethel, Maine
06 November 2016 | Yarmouth, ME
26 October 2016 | Colombia, Cartagena (posted from Bethel, ME)
26 October 2016 | Bethel, Maine
16 October 2016 | Camden, Maine
16 October 2016 | Bethel, Maine
06 October 2016 | Bethel, Maine
06 October 2016 | Bethel, Maine
06 October 2016 | Bethel, Maine
02 October 2016 | Bethel, Maine

Skylark in her new home

24 June 2012 | Chaguaramas Bay, Trinidad
Elizabeth
Lat/Lon is updated for those interested.

We are settled in at our slip at Coral Cove Marina in Chaguaramas Bay, Trinidad. It’s a bit surreal being here. We are in the northwest part of the country, not too far from the major city of Port of Spain. Although Luna will be limited to the marina, we’ll have access to lots of places. There’s a good bus system here and I’ll be able to do some shopping on my own. The buses are similar to other West Indian buses, or vans, typically there’s nothing written on them but if you’re on the side of the road and stick your hand out, they’ll stop for you. Ask the driver if they’re going where you want to go and if so, climb on board. If someone asks you how many people can fit on a maxi taxi in the Caribbean, the answer is “One more”. They pile in. The fare is dirt cheap but you pay again every time you get off and on. Usually it’s the equivalent of $1.50 US one way. When you want to stop, in other Islands you just say “Driver, stop here”. But in Trini we understand there’s a button you push to exit when you want to be let off.

On our dock, we are surrounded by an English family who have been cruising for 5 years, a New Zealand couple, several Americans, a S. African couple who have also been out for many years who we met in Bequia, a couple from Canada (though the husband is Brazilian) and we understand an Aussie is around here somewhere. We said goodbye to our Polish friends who leave for Poland tomorrow and are nearby on the hard (their boat is on stilts and out of the water), and I feel certain there are other interesting people we’ve yet to meet. Everyone we've met thus far has been great. Our friends on Just Imagine and Miclo III are at different marinas but not too far and within dinghy or walking distance. In this photo, Skylark is toward the end, 2nd to last one.
Comments
Vessel Name: Skylark
Vessel Make/Model: Bristol 41.1CC 1985
Hailing Port: Boothbay Harbor, Maine
Crew: Ed Easter, Elizabeth Meadows and Luna the dog
About: Ed, Elizabeth and Luna the dog lived for many years in Charlotte, NC. They started their live aboard experience in Charleston, SC in June 2011, cutting the lines one month later. They have been living the cruiser's life ever since.
Extra:
Skylark is a USA documented vessel and is legally identified by her name "Skylark" and hailing port "Boothbay Harbor". Since our purchase of her in 2008 she had been moored in Tenants Harbor ME '08, Rockland ME '09 and Charleston SC for the 2010 and early 2011 season. After that follow the blog [...]
Skylark's Photos - Main
94 Photos
Created 13 June 2010