sailing Koa e Kea

19 September 2022 | Salt Spring Island
09 March 2022 | Paradise Village Marina
20 January 2022 | Nuevo Vallarta
01 December 2021 | Nuevo Vallerta
24 October 2021 | Paradise Village Marina Nuevo Vallerta
09 October 2021 | Salt Spring Island
14 November 2020 | Salt Spring Island
01 January 2020 | Panama City
10 October 2019 | Siracusa, Sicily
19 September 2019 | Catania
09 September 2019 | Malta
03 September 2019 | Siracusa
31 August 2019
31 August 2019
22 August 2019 | Taormina
17 August 2019 | Taormina
17 August 2019 | Castelmola
13 August 2019 | Taormina
10 August 2019 | Taormina
07 August 2019 | Taormina

Is it August already?

04 August 2019 | Taormina Italy
vikki Cassar Torreggiani | Hot
Time is flying by here in Taormina!
Still much to do to get the boat ready to go sailing.
We need an "impeller" for the generator which has to ordered should be here Monday.
The other sails will go on at some point during the week.
We are going through the hatches and the floats and finding bags that were corroded shut!
As we go we are making lists of the things we need.

We found a huge canvas which fits perfectly over the cockpit! Such a relief from the hot sun here. The Bimini is being remade so we were having to used a small tarp.

The boat is covered with a light layer of ash from Mt Etna ! Easy to wash off.

We've seen some HUGE yachts here, I mean we've seen some big ones in Mexico as well but seems to be more here.

We took the dingy to "town" I guess you would say? Busy place, wow! Not sure if it was because it was Saturday or it's always busy. Steady stream of cars . It's very quaint with old apartment buildings covered with beautiful wrought iron balconies filled with bright Mediterranean flowers.

The " Super Markets" are like walking into an Italian Delicatessen in Canada. Huge rounds of cheese, and all kinds of Italian meats. Bread of course. Pasta that I've only seen at specialty shops. The vegetables are fresh and very good ( I think I've mentioned the amazing tomatoes)

We still can't use the stove until we get propane, in the mean time it's cold lunches which is just great anyway.
The fridges work beautifully!

Today there's a nice breeze! That will make it a lot easier to work around the boat. I can understand why everything closes down here between 1:00-5:00 ! 🥵.

We are close to the straits of Messina which is a narrow channel between Sicily and Italy ( the boot).
The current through there are about 5k which is substantial.

Cam just found the remote control for the bow thruster - he's a happy guy. That will be very nice to have when docking.

That's it for now -
Cheers
Cam and Vikki ❤️⛵️🛵
Comments
Vessel Name: Koa e Kea
Vessel Make/Model: Pinta 53
Hailing Port: Victoria BC
Crew: Vikki and Cam
About: Cam and Vikki have been living in Salt Spring Island during the summer months and Mexico in the winter.