sailing Koa e Kea

19 September 2022 | Salt Spring Island
09 March 2022 | Paradise Village Marina
20 January 2022 | Nuevo Vallarta
01 December 2021 | Nuevo Vallerta
24 October 2021 | Paradise Village Marina Nuevo Vallerta
09 October 2021 | Salt Spring Island
14 November 2020 | Salt Spring Island
01 January 2020 | Panama City
10 October 2019 | Siracusa, Sicily
19 September 2019 | Catania
09 September 2019 | Malta
03 September 2019 | Siracusa
31 August 2019
31 August 2019
22 August 2019 | Taormina
17 August 2019 | Taormina
17 August 2019 | Castelmola
13 August 2019 | Taormina
10 August 2019 | Taormina
07 August 2019 | Taormina

Still here!

31 August 2019
vikki Cassar Torreggiani
We are still in Taormina- and what a beautiful place to be ! Everything takes time ... quite a bit of time.

We started the engine and it made a squealing sound ... not unlike the sound it was making before we got the new Alternator belts. Cam checked it out and they were really loose! We needed them to be tightened, normally a job Cam can do but heā€™s a bit of a loss without his usual tools. Cam took them all off and did some ā€œ stuffā€ down there !
We still needed ā€œ Giuseppeā€ to come by ( the guy that put the new ones in)..
All good now!
Fred and Penny arrived, long time friends from Kamloops days. Just great to have them on board!

Itā€™s been very hot here, the last couple of days are overcast but still very humid. In the ocean we go! Thereā€™s not much else you can do in the heat- itā€™s ok... we like it !

Cam and Fred worked in the washing machine today to replace the belt ( yes yet another belt!)
Easier said than done! They had to remove the drawer above the washer then stick their hand behind to get at the washer! It worked YAY.. but still something wasnā€™t right. Cam found a bunch of sand in the filter - a LOT. Of sand. Couldnā€™t have been good for it.
We are pretty sure we now have a fully functioning washing machine.

We had our first Gelato the other day- oh wow...wow. Stupidly good!
Pistachio yum!

We continue to go to town and get veggies and other groceries. Weā€™ve found a favourite cheese and meat place. The Provolone is incredible! There in little bundles and you choose the size you want, truly yummy!!

Hard not to talk about the food here!! Itā€™s all about it here! Also a big part of the sailing community. As we stroll through the town you come across the usual shops and little veggie trucks full of local veg and fruit.
The peaches give the Okanagon a run for their money alright!

Iā€™ve been buying the local herbs for pasta- thereā€™s so many! Sicily is a little spicier than other parts of Italy.
You sprinkle this bag of incredibleness( this may not be a legal word)on your food!

Our days our keeping out of the sun! We thought Kamloops was hot in the summer- well this is quite a lot different! The humidity is unreal! I used to brag about how I never sweat!! Uh... not here! Drip.. drip!
Ah well, itā€™s not bad in the whole scheme of things. šŸ˜Š

We are really enjoying seeing all these incredible yachts that come and go here! Itā€™s quite unreal! These yachts are HUGE- 50ā€™ becomes small time here. It keeps it interesting!

Yesterday we were sitting on the deck and suddenly there was this really loud BANG- it was like nothing Iā€™ve heard before ! I immediately thoughtā€ oh no, Mt Etna is exploding ā€œ. ( I had the recent news of the other volcano in Sicily erupting lol)
Well it was just a local thing I guess! Many explosions went off ! So loud!



We think we are ready to go for a sail! We will go out for the day and check that everything is in order.

We canā€™t thank Google Translate App enough! Holy! It has been so fantastic! I had to take the laundry in sheets etc. Even that was an ordeal! Out came our phones to sort the pick up time choices! Whether we pay before or after. Things we just take for granted everyday.

This weekend is the 50th Anniversary of the BC Multihull Society- wishing them well! And congrats on such a milestone.

Not too much else exciting to say !
We are really enjoying our friends and will keep you posted !

Ciao all!! Stay well!


Comments
Vessel Name: Koa e Kea
Vessel Make/Model: Pinta 53
Hailing Port: Victoria BC
Crew: Vikki and Cam
About: Cam and Vikki have been living in Salt Spring Island during the summer months and Mexico in the winter.