sailing Koa e Kea

19 September 2022 | Salt Spring Island
09 March 2022 | Paradise Village Marina
20 January 2022 | Nuevo Vallarta
01 December 2021 | Nuevo Vallerta
24 October 2021 | Paradise Village Marina Nuevo Vallerta
09 October 2021 | Salt Spring Island
14 November 2020 | Salt Spring Island
01 January 2020 | Panama City
10 October 2019 | Siracusa, Sicily
19 September 2019 | Catania
09 September 2019 | Malta
03 September 2019 | Siracusa
31 August 2019
31 August 2019
22 August 2019 | Taormina
17 August 2019 | Taormina
17 August 2019 | Castelmola
13 August 2019 | Taormina
10 August 2019 | Taormina
07 August 2019 | Taormina

Hola Mi Amigos!

01 December 2021 | Nuevo Vallerta
vikki and Cam | Hot during the day perfect mornings and evenings
Hi again!! Thought I would do an update! We’ve been here about 6 weeks now, and, things are really getting done around here.

Cam has been working tirelessly everyday on many, many various issues . I had to drag him to the Beach for some true R&R, I don’t think he will truly relax until the sails are up and we are sliding along the water!
.
We are still in the Paradise Village Marina, a really good Marina to be in.We found out that we can order from Amazon and have it delivered to the office here. Seems really strange to be doing that in Mexico, but it has really helped us get some things we can’t find here.
We decided not to replace the washing machine and bought a small freezer. A freezer is so great to have and much more practical. The best thing is,we will always have ice 👏😃🍹.
We ended up getting all new house batteries, the ones we bought new in Italy were shot! Long story there, basically not done properly by the people in Sicily, very disappointing. We also have been able to get the shore power working, it never worked and it was a complicated fix, luckily John Pounder, an electrical engineer here solved the problem! Yay thanks John! We got a new battery and charger for the bow which runs the bow thruster and the windless anchor. The old one was totally corroded. Cam installed all that in an area that someone his height should not be in!! Crazy pretzel 🥨 positions.
Cam took the motor for the Air Conditioner out and sent it out to be fixed… we hope. The Bimini shade covers are all getting re-done by an company here. They were also ruined.
Cam fixed the crack in the bow which he found out had been done before and very poorly. Now it’s solid, waiting for paint for that to be finished. A few new bilge pumps went in.
We had good news from Ron in Vancouver who managed to get us a bunch of parts that you can only get from Holland(almost everything done on this boat is European) . Now the hatches will have new hinges and we won’t worry about water getting in.
Oh man and much more- but this could get boring !
We’ve met some wonderful fellow sailors many from Canada 🇨🇦. Fun to exchange our stories about how we ended up doing this.
We have full wifi here which has been great! Keeping up with Netflix! It’s all of 1.00 a day and it’s super good! Not exactly like the terrible Shaw service in BC.
Speaking of BC, oh how terrible the flooding has been! So sorry to all who are coping with such an upheaval of their lives. I mean,as if the fires and Covid weren’t enough.
Thanks for musty tips! I think after I cleaned and having the boat open was what it needed. Baking soda is the best.
Soon we will be heading to La Cruz and dropping the anchor there! We need to get our main sail and one other on yet. Sooooo, still a few things, to do. It’s a very nice place to be so I think we will manage lol.☺️
The weather has cooled a few degrees, evenings and mornings are perfect!
Whales are starting to arrive in the bay! Really looking forward to seeing them!
Hard to believe it’s Dec 1st what!
Stay safe and if you’re visiting around here please contact us!!
Cheers
Cam and Vikki





Comments
Vessel Name: Koa e Kea
Vessel Make/Model: Pinta 53
Hailing Port: Victoria BC
Crew: Vikki and Cam
About: Cam and Vikki have been living in Salt Spring Island during the summer months and Mexico in the winter.