sailing Koa e Kea

19 September 2022 | Salt Spring Island
09 March 2022 | Paradise Village Marina
20 January 2022 | Nuevo Vallarta
01 December 2021 | Nuevo Vallerta
24 October 2021 | Paradise Village Marina Nuevo Vallerta
09 October 2021 | Salt Spring Island
14 November 2020 | Salt Spring Island
01 January 2020 | Panama City
10 October 2019 | Siracusa, Sicily
19 September 2019 | Catania
09 September 2019 | Malta
03 September 2019 | Siracusa
31 August 2019
31 August 2019
22 August 2019 | Taormina
17 August 2019 | Taormina
17 August 2019 | Castelmola
13 August 2019 | Taormina
10 August 2019 | Taormina
07 August 2019 | Taormina

“Sunshine and lollipops

09 March 2022 | Paradise Village Marina
vikki and Cam | Sunny and nice
and rainbows..
Everything that's wonderful is what I feel when we're together”
Well most of the time !! Lol
We are still in Nuevo Vallarta at the Paradise Village Marina, and it’s pretty darn nice !! If we have to be somewhere working on boat things… this is very nice!
It’s been very convenient to get parts sent here, ( never used to be easy) . The Marina is well run and looked after.
We’ve met so many people with such interesting stories about how they ended up in this lifestyle… so much so I’m thinking of a book? Journal Sketching the stories and turning it into a book? ( suggested by Kent a sailor friend) what do you think? Does that sound interesting? Ideas many, many ideas !!

On the boat front…Wow, the list of upgrades, repairs is too long for here ( it could get a bit boring - but maybe not for other mechanically inclined types)is so fantastic! Cam is the man! He’s been working so hard to get the boat all caught up !.

We’ve been out sailing with various groups of friends, I’m still a bit nervous when the wind picks up too much - ( others are loving the speed)
I’m definitely more for the relaxed sailing days ! Lol.
Cam was happy to have 4 Trimaran sailors join him for a day. They were in the area getting ready to deliver a Tri to the states.

Enjoying the local produce and making fun meals - part of cruising life! Sundowners and meals together and sometimes with others all part of the sailor lifestyle.

This area is a little more expensive than the usual areas that we go to. Now and then it’s really nice to go out, but generally we eat on the boat. Also, because of Omicron we weren’t going inside places other than grocery stores. It seems to have peaked here now, and the numbers are almost back to what they were in October.

I’ve been just amazed by how many Iguanas you see here! Sometimes right on the docks ! Not to mention the many Pelicans, Egrets and other beautiful birds.

The weather is steadily sunny, much cooler in the mornings and evenings which is nice ! I think I may find it cold when we go back in April.

We are following the horrific news in the Ukraine, so unbelievable that in 2022 this can happen. I’m glad the rest of the world is doing what they can . I can’t help thinking that some of these vastly wealthy Billionaires should help the people of the Ukraine somehow? Something other than sending rich actors into space? Can you imagine what a tiny bit of their fortunes could do? Elon Musk is worth over 200 Billion dollars… think about that number? 1 Billion is a thousand millions …. 1 just 1 .
Anyway ….

We are so excited that a group of Kamloops high school friends are coming March 15 for a couple of weeks. We will be celebrating our age! Lol.( we are all young at heart) They will stay in the area and come sailing with us. ( if they want to).
Take care everyone, if you’re in the area and want to visit or come sailing let us know.

It is joyous to be living this lifestyle, the older I get the more I realize it.
I miss my son and other family members and friends. but we’ve all had such a long couple of years apart due to COVID- let’s hope this is nearing the end.
Adios mi Amigas
Cam and Vikki
The photo is returning into the Marina







Comments
Vessel Name: Koa e Kea
Vessel Make/Model: Pinta 53
Hailing Port: Victoria BC
Crew: Vikki and Cam
About: Cam and Vikki have been living in Salt Spring Island during the summer months and Mexico in the winter.