The shaping continues on the bowsprite, brought some thick plastic sheets from Ikea –actually placemats – took the profiles from the bow pulpit attachment legs and made a bunch of templates.
After have done most of the major shaping with the electric planer, then used a sander to get the tight final shape.
Also this week I finally finished up my molded cockpit instrument panel, It was my second attempt, as the first one never separated from mold—not enough parting wax and no PVA. From now on, when I make my next mold –before I start to lay it up- definitely going to spray the mold with PVA. I think it turned out really great! Will have to wait until spring before I can install it, am very happy with the outcome. I’m made a gallery of photos of how I made it.