Life aboard in the NE And the work continues!

Now living aboard full time while I make repairs, refits, getting her ready for the long cruise.

09 December 2013 | Piers Marina Philadelphia
09 December 2013 | Piers Marina
25 November 2013 | Piers marina
22 November 2013 | Piers Marina Philadelphia
26 August 2013 | PIERS MARINA - PHILADELPHIA
05 August 2013 | PIERS MARINA - PHILADELPHIA
19 June 2013 | always Riverside, NJ
16 June 2013 | Riverside, NJ
15 June 2013 | Still in Riverside, Nj
18 May 2013 | Corsica River
22 February 2013
18 February 2013
11 February 2013 | Same!
05 February 2013 | Riverside, NJ
14 November 2012 | Still at Riverside NJ
16 October 2012 | Horta - Azores
04 October 2012 | Riverside NJ
02 October 2012 | Riverside NJ
24 September 2012 | Riverside, NJ

Finally in the water

05 August 2013 | PIERS MARINA - PHILADELPHIA
After 20 months on the hard, repairing, replacing, renewing - Kodachrome is finally in the water and I've become a full time liveaboard.

Boat was launched a week ago today, the engine started right up BUT did not run. Had some water in the fuel tank, so much for moving the boat on the launch date. Managed to pump out the water and about 3 gallons of diesel. Replaced the filters, bleed the system and she started right up, ran great for about 2 hours and all seemed good!

I missed my window of opportunity to leave Riverside for Philly as I have to enter Piers Marina at dead high tide due to the bad silting problem there. Went to the fuel dock took on 10 gallons and then returned to the c dock to wait till tomorrow ( Tuesday) to try again.

Tuesday came- engine started, ran for about 10 minutes and died again. Checked the fuel and it was a very milky pink in color. Somehow- ( not saying but have an idea) had a tank of total water contaminated diesel.
Again didn't get to leave- took a slip for the week to wait till this past Saturday.

Saturday started pumping out some of the bad diesel- took out about 6 gallons - still milky! Have a feeling my whole tank is totally bad. Took my jerry can to a gas station that had diesel fuel- took on 5 gallons- should be more than enough to get to Philly.

Re routed the fuel line to the jerry can , started right up, ran for about an hour and then left Riverside with my friend Karen. Was a little worried that the engine might die but at this point I didn't care as I took out tow insurance with TowBoat US, I was determined to get to Philly.

After 3 hours we arrived at exactly dead high tide at Philly tied to the t dock to await a slip assignment in the next week or 2. Home- now will be here for 3 years as I finish the boat.

Underway - Part3

05 October 2011 | NJ-MD
Had a mooring for the night in Atlantic Highlands, great fun meal at "On the Dock" restaurant. Left 5 AM heading down the coast of NJ

Photobucket

Did a little bit of motor sailing but mostly a windless day.
Photobucket

But we did have some strange weather and clouds, managed to miss most of the rain.. go figure!
Photobucket

Got to Cape May around 9ish- what a great run down the coast- probably the fastest time I ever did it. Did a steady 6.3 knots at 1600RPM - have to thank David for put on a nice 3 bladed prop.
Photobucket

Left Cape May the next morning Sunday the 11th of September at 7- for a motor trip up the bay and river with a nice current run all the way. Never saw any wind the past couple of days.
Photobucket

Sunday night anchored on the Sassfrass river right behind Ordinary Point, had a beautiful full moon guiding me in.
Photobucket

Monday afternoon made it to my new temporary home at Swan Creek marina in Rock Hall, MD
Photobucket



Underway - Part2

05 October 2011 | Port Jeff to Sandy Hook
Roland
Port Jefferson sailed to Port Washington - Great day and wonderful sail..
Photobucket

Happy happy captain. been without a boat for almost 8 years and missed it.
Photobucket

Karen also very happy to be back into sailing..
Photobucket

Picked up a mooring in Port Washington, had a nice day ashore, West Marine, shopping and dinner aboard the boat.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Onto New York - approaching Throgs Neck Bridge
Photobucket

and now into the East River
Photobucket

Sailing down the East River past the UN and onto Atlantic Highlands.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Underway - part1

05 October 2011 | Long Island Sound
Roland
Friday - late start - left New Bedford about 3 in the afternoon - motored through the great hurricane gates-

Photobucket

Photobucket

Had an awesome sail to Port Judith.
Photobucket

Got to PJ about 8PM and anchored out in the protected harbor, unfortunately had some water in the fuel tank issues and had to get towed into Port Judith. Spent 2 nights here- with the other boat who also had fuel issues.
Photobucket
and after being promised a mechanic and never seeing one - I managed to get the motor running and headed off down the sound.

Photobucket
Made it to Brewers Marina in Westbrook CT, WOW what a great place - great people, great marina, great mechanic.. just great!
After 2 nights continued on down the sound to Port Jefferson where I meet up with Karen! She also brought the sun with her after 2 days of rain!


Vessel Name: Kodachrome
Vessel Make/Model: Nassau 34
Crew: Roland
Kodachrome's Photos - Main
Building my new bowsprit
9 Photos
Created 25 November 2013
Finally got launched and back in the water
4 Photos
Created 5 August 2013
Photos of the process of making my molded instrument panel for the cockpit
9 Photos
Created 22 February 2013
First couple of repairs
4 Photos
Created 9 December 2011
From Rock Hall to Riverside our late fall trip
16 Photos
Created 7 November 2011

Who: Roland