Koeketiene on Tour

Going places - one day at a time

First outing

Strange - but fun - day out on the water today.
Koeketiene's first timid foray discovering her new stomping ground.
Nothing too strenuous. Beam reach both ways 10-15kts.
Ile aux Moutons and back.

Initially it felt weird to have someone else on the boat with me.
Some mental readjustment on my part was required.

Some boat cleaning and sorting scheduled for the next two days.
Also need to go up the mast at some point as someone has made a bit of hash of sorting the foresail and spinnaker halyards.
Will be removing some foresails from the boat. Right now, I think I carry about four. Keeping the jib, and the number 2 genoa. I will take the HUGE number one of the boat as well as the storm trysail.
One of the spinnakers is going into storage too. Keeping the best one and will be checking on the serviceability of the snuffer.
Will also be compiling a - very short - list of outstanding jobs.
The biggest financial cost in the near future will be a suit of new sails. Both the jib and the mainsail are well past their use-by date. Numerous repairs are in evidence. In some places, even the repairs have needed repairs.

All in all, very pleased to be a boatowner again.

Comments