Koeketiene on Tour

Going places - one day at a time

A man with a plan

It's been a while, so I thought I'd share with you my plans for the immediate future and beyond.

First item on the to-do list is getting the boat hauled out. She's been in the water for about a year now, so the anodes will need changing and the prop will need greasing. Also, I have noticed some weed along the waterline and on the rudder, so the Coppercoat could do with some abrading in places.
Also, my youngest will be staying over for a week or so. Whilst he's around he's offered to give me a hand fitting the solar panel I bought late last year. Something we didn't get round to over Christmas. Koeketiene lives on a swinging mooring, so it would be nice to have something keeping the batteries topped up whilst she's unattended.

The plans for this Summer are as follows:
1. Early June: sail to La Coruna and back. A Biscay crossing is one of my bucket list items. And since most Covid restrictions in France won't be lifted till mid-June, now is as good a time as any.
The distance from Sainte Marine to La Coruna is just of 300NM, so with a favourable weather window, a 3 day crossing should be on the cards. Spend a couple of days of R&R there and come back. Hopefully, all in one piece.

2. Late June, early July we're having some family over. So, if they fancy some time on the water I am certainly not going to say no.

3. My nearest and dearest is planning some time off work in August (and not July as I said in the YouTube video) and the plan is for a two day cruise along the French Atlantic coast. To La Rochelle and back with stops along the way: Groix, Lorient, Belle-Ile, Yeu, La Rochelle. And the same thing back again. Or maybe some other ports along the way. We'll make it up as we go along.

Further ahead...
I hope that in 2022 Covid will be a thing of the past and we can once again travel with restrictions. I have my sights set on the West Country, a clock-wise tour of Ireland (maybe all the way up to the Faroe Islands) and back down via Scotland, the Irish Sea, the Iles of Scilly and back to Brittany.

In 2023 I have pencilled in the AZAB race. It's more an aspirational thing. Upon closer inspection, the costs involved are not negligible - entry fee, required condition survey, getting the boat measured for an IRC rating, ... it all adds up. Maybe there are other things to spend the hard-earned cash on.
We'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

In the meantime, as they say in New Orleans: Laissez les bon temps rouler!




Comments