Koeketiene on Tour

Going places - one day at a time

On the hard

Shame to have to spend time on the hard when the weather's just about perfect to go sailing.

On the other hand, it's also the perfect opportunity to reseat and reseal the leaky portholes. Perfect time too for some minor topsides repairs. Also taking the opportunity to finally fit that new automatic/electric bilge pump. Apart from the fact that the insurance insisted I had it fitted soon, it's just plain common sense. New seacock fitted below the galley sink.

As 'luck' would have it, on the way over to the boatyard, the engine salt water pump started acting up again. Had been 'overhauled' only last June, only to be acting up again now... Insert expletives here.
Didn't want to keep throwing good money after bad, so I decided to have it replaced altogether. And with the benefit of hindsight: I should have done that in the first place.

Also took the mainsail off for some minor tweaks and repairs. The loft had the work done in a day and free of charge too. My favourite price.

And now for something you won't read very often when it comes to sailboats: the whole project was completed on time and on budget. Re-launched September 11th as scheduled.

Looking forward to make the most of the Indian Summer we seem to be having.

Comments