Koeketiene on Tour

Going places - one day at a time

Out with the old, in with the new

Last week I received two quotes from the rigger: one to overhaul my existing furler (would need to be sent back to Germany) or to replace it with a new ProFurl Cruising 350.

The cost of refitting/overhauling my Reckmann furler amounted to about 60% of the cost of replacing it with a new ProFurl. The new ruler could be fitted next week. No idea when I would get my existing furler back, but safe to assume it would take 6-8 weeks.

Mindful of the engine waterpump episode, I opted to for the new ProFurl C350. If only for the peace of mind that comes with a 10 year warranty.

New furler fitted.

Jib delivered to the sailmakers to be modified so that it will fit the 4mm groove (iso 5mm).

Should be ready early next week.
I don't want to jinx it, but I can see myself sailing again in the not too distant future.

To end on a positive note:
- the windex has not given me any trouble lately. Gremlins seem to have been a one-off.
- re-gassing the fridge seems to have done the trick. Had it going for 48 hours straight and it's been as good as gold.

Fingers crossed, because I really can not afford for anything else to break right now.

Comments