Kristinly

38' Island Packet cutter rigged sailboat - sailed 20,000 nautical miles from New England to the Bahamas. Now with new owners Tim & Susan Tiefenbach

17 June 2013 | Mallets Bay, VT
05 July 2012 | West Pont, NY
02 July 2012 | Brigantine Shoals near Little Egg Inlet, NJ
30 June 2012 | Reedy Island, Delaware River
26 June 2012 | Antipoison Creek, VA
23 June 2012 | Burlington, VT
28 March 2012 | Deltaville, VA
27 March 2012 | Deltaville, VA
26 March 2012 | Hampton, VA
25 March 2012 | Hampton, VA
24 March 2012 | South of Norfolk, VA
23 March 2012 | Elizabeth City, NC
22 March 2012 | Cedar Creek, NC
21 March 2012 | Wrightsville Beach, NC
20 March 2012 | Little River, NC
18 March 2012 | South Santee River, SC
17 March 2012 | Charleston, SC
17 March 2012 | Charleston, SC
16 March 2012 | NE of Savannah, GA

Early morning start off southern NJ Coast

02 July 2012 | Brigantine Shoals near Little Egg Inlet, NJ
Randy - 78, sunny, light winds WNW 5-10 kts
Today's picture is this morning's sunrise.

We had a great stay at Lewes, DE on the opposite side of the Delaware Bay from Cape May, NJ. Nikki's friends Barb and Karl Hunt met us at the dock for a cocktail, took us to dinner, and gave a brief walking tour of the downtown area afterwards. One of the best parts of the stay was tying up to a marina slip and connecting to shore power so we could run the air conditioning on the boat - HEAVEN! Lewes is a very quaint little NE ocean side town and perhaps sets the standard for hospitality Nikki went for a run in the morning and we set out for Atlantic City around 0800. 8 hours later we arrived at Atlantic City and anchored next to the casinos. Late Sunday afternoon here is a busy place to be with tons of boat activity. These nut birds went to the same boat driving school as the nuts in southern Florida. Every possible direction as fast and as close to each other as possible. Toss in a few penis boats and numerous personal water craft and it is a real shit show. By 1900, things settled down a lot and we had a very enjoyable dinner on the hook. There was a thunderstorm in the distance to the north and Niiki got an amazing video of the lightning in the upper clouds. We will upload and share at a later date when we can get access to broad band.

I woke up in the middle of the night to a coast guard helicopter flying back and forth across the small bay here with their spot light looking for something or somebody. Never did hear what that was all about. What was really great about the stay here is it was much cooler and a nice breeze made for a more comfortable night of sleep.

We departed Atlantic City this morning at 0630 and are bound for Sandy Hook, NJ, which is across the New York Bay from NYC. We plan to go ashore to pick up a few things, let the dogs walk, Nikki will run as part of her training for the NYC marathon this November, and then we will head to the Statue of Liberty where we will take a day off from traveling and hang around for the 4th of July fireworks celebration.
Comments
Vessel Name: Kristinly
Vessel Make/Model: Island Packet 38, hull #83
Hailing Port: Mallets Bay, VT
Crew: Captain Randy Kruml, 1st Mate Nikki St Mary

Kristinly

Who: Captain Randy Kruml, 1st Mate Nikki St Mary
Port: Mallets Bay, VT