Kuching Cat

24 December 2006
16 March 2006
10 February 2006
26 November 2005
27 October 2005
13 October 2005
13 October 2005
23 August 2005
01 August 2005 | Dili
29 July 2005

Monday Blues

01 August 2005 | Dili
Back at work on Monday after a great weekend aboard. L. spent most of the weekend doing hourly exercises for the shoulder and learning how to get around on a boat with only one functional arm. Actually get about on the boat is the easy part - getting on and off the boat is the hard part. D. spent did a bit of boat maintenance. The generator connection to the charging unit had failed and needed to be rewired (second time but at least a new reason) and he put in a u-bolt which will allow us to lock the aft starboard locker where we store the genset. Getting ready for Indonesia.

Sunday evening a voyager pulled into the harbour. Ziegfried and partner on the HR 40 (I think). They've been cruising in Indonesia for 14 years and had been in Dili harbour 23 years ago only 3 years after the Indonesians occupied the country. He said they were not made welcome! They're looking forward to looking around as they were made to leave after two last time and were escorted everywhere by the military.

We learned today that our potential crew member has had to pull out so we are definitely on our own for our departure to Bali and beyond. Fortunately L's shoulder is healing quickly and she already has a lot of mobility back. Soon the strength training can begin!

We sent off the application for our cruising permit- CAIT. We have to have it in hand to sail so hope we can get it in the next 4 weeks.

Ready to go home and have sundowners with the voyagers! Hope you're enjoying your evening - sunset picture to follow!
Comments
Vessel Name: Kuching