La Aventura with Patti & James

06 July 2018 | Faial Island –Atlantic Portugal
24 June 2018 | National Holiday day in Faial
22 June 2018 | afternoon whale watching boat trip
20 June 2018 | an enjoyable day trip to another island.
19 June 2018 | Fabulous Faial. – Azorean Island
18 June 2018 | Faial Island – Horta Harbour - Mid Atlantic
29 May 2018 | Mid Atlantic - in the middle of nowhere
26 May 2018 | the cruising yachtsman’s haven
25 May 2018 | party day in Hamilton
10 May 2018 | Vero Beach/Ft Pierce –road trip to Jacksonville.
12 April 2018 | Vibeke onboard
17 March 2018 | lovely to return to Belize and Mexico and meet up with sailing friends along the way
24 January 2018 | I have become so interested in Guatemala textiles
17 January 2018 | So great to catchup with so many friends and our families
01 November 2017 | what a wonderful Guatemalan fiesta to experience
29 October 2017 | Volcanic crater
28 October 2017 | Antiqua - Guatemala

greece- peloponnese & ionion

22 August 2011 | 38 42.4N 20 42.7E
hot august - light winds
It was a long slog - both engines motor-sailing to make our way north. We finally arrived at the anchorage at Methoni by 6pm on the 17th , with still time for a swim, relax and enjoy the wonderful view back to the Venetian castle and Turkish Tower. This is a favourite anchorage - the last time we where here was summer 2009. We had another slog north again - we left just before sunrise and arrived at the anchorage in Katakolon just before sunset - again we had been here before - as this is the stop to visit Ancient Olympia. Further north to the island of Cephalonia to the ferry harbour of Poros - thankfully we had a little sailing, but mostly motor-sailing. We tied back to the quay and made the most of the water and hose pipes available to wash the boat and fill the tanks. The quay was full by the time the Port Police came around to request that we visit their office before leaving the next morning. After a quick stop for fresh bread and our visit and payment of 10euro to the Port Police for the privilege of them checking our paperwork we moved out. At least we were back in the Ionian. We decided to make for one of our favourite places - Ormos Elia on the island of Meganisi- and actually had a great sail when the afternoon wind kicked in along the tail of Meganisi Island. Elia had changed a little, and few more apartments, and the area closest to the beach was buoyed off - so we had to anchor and tie back - but we still had a lovely late afternoon swim and relax listening to the weekend sport via the BBC World Service and quiet evening. After few boat jobs - clearing the forward peak and draining some bilge water away, we motored around as arranged to Dessimou Bay on Lefkas Island to meet up with our long-time friends Pete & Lyn. It was lovely to meet up again- and have both boats together after so many years. With lots to catch up on and even more to chat about we had afternoon drinks in our cockpit, predinner and after dinner drinks in their cockpit and our 1st Greek taverna meal since Easter in the little tavern looking back to both our yachts- all just great.
IMAGE - PETE, LYN AND PUPS


Comments
Vessel Name: La Aventura
Crew: James & Patti

Who: James & Patti