La Aventura with Patti & James

06 July 2018 | Faial Island –Atlantic Portugal
24 June 2018 | National Holiday day in Faial
22 June 2018 | afternoon whale watching boat trip
20 June 2018 | an enjoyable day trip to another island.
19 June 2018 | Fabulous Faial. – Azorean Island
18 June 2018 | Faial Island – Horta Harbour - Mid Atlantic
29 May 2018 | Mid Atlantic - in the middle of nowhere
26 May 2018 | the cruising yachtsman’s haven
25 May 2018 | party day in Hamilton
10 May 2018 | Vero Beach/Ft Pierce –road trip to Jacksonville.
12 April 2018 | Vibeke onboard
17 March 2018 | lovely to return to Belize and Mexico and meet up with sailing friends along the way
24 January 2018 | I have become so interested in Guatemala textiles
17 January 2018 | So great to catchup with so many friends and our families
01 November 2017 | what a wonderful Guatemalan fiesta to experience
29 October 2017 | Volcanic crater
28 October 2017 | Antiqua - Guatemala

AN ACTION PACKED JANUARY 2013

28 January 2013 | ST THOMAS - USVI
SAILING in BVI; FISHING AND CAT SAILING
IMAGE – JAMES & PATTI ENJOYING CAT SAILING
TO SEE MORE PHOTOS OPEN THE LINK AND SELECT ALBUM
CARRIBEAN HOLIDAY WITH DANES – PHOTO LINK

Click here to view these pictures larger


FISHING DAY – PHOTO LINK

Click here to view these pictures larger


Cat sailing – photo link

Click here to view these pictures larger



JANUARY 2013
Tue 1 – thankfully we all survived the New Year celebrations - with no lost or damaged people, dingys or accidents with any of our boats– and a good time was had by all. By late morning, with La Aventura was now ‘homebase’ for 7 people - so we set off for a few days sailing. We had brisk winds for our few hours tacking up Drake channel – which did not agree with our non-sailor passengers. We dropped anchor in Little Harbour – Peter Island in a beautiful setting to sit back and enjoy life on-board. It’s lovely to all be together and spend time together.
Wed 2 – we had a lovely sail over to Road Town – Tortola and anchored just off the marina. After arrangements were made for a dolphin swim for the next day it was time for wandering around the shops and afternoon relaxing around the pool at Wickham Quay. Happy hour(s) 3pm to 6pm for $3.00 rum drinks were very enjoyable and refreshing around the pool.
Thur 3 – All the family – especially Clara enjoyed their dolphin experience – and another very relaxing day was spend around Wickham Quay marina pool and bar.
Fri 4 – Sailing again today – we had a lovely downwind sail back to the USVI, with a very enjoyable snorkelling stop at Norman Island. We arrived off Salt Pond in St John by mid afternoon – and were VERY lucky to get the last buoy available in the marine park. The short, shallow and coral scattered entry was very stressful. As arranged the Danish family now joined Sue, Boel and their families to stay in the cabins at Concordia overlooking Salt Pond for the next few nights.
Sat 5 - After a group hike we enjoyed some snorkelling and turtle spotting in Salt Pond before venturing into Coral Bay for afternoon drinks at the infamous Skinny Legs Bar and a quick food top-up stop.
Sun 6 - Sue ,Boel and all their family and others – together with us 7 went to the posh hotel Marriott for lunch and group games around the pool before the ‘locals’ headed back to St Thomas. We had an exhilarating taxi ride back to Concordia and an enjoyable happy hour and pizza dinner high up in Concordia looking down on La Aventura in the bay below.
Mon 7- Off sailing again – 22 knots downwind with swell was a bit too much for our passengers – so we were all relieved to get back at anchor in Honeymoon Bay. The boys and Clara had a great afternoon with Christopher wakeboarding and playing in the large dingy and then we all enjoyed Monday night movies under the stars at Honeymoon.
Tue 8 – We saw Frank off at the airport for his return to Copenhagen, and after a picnic lunch we spent the afternoon snorkelling, swimming and turtle hunting at Brewers Beach.
Wed 9 – Sadly our time together had come to an end – and the Danish Caribbean holiday was over. After our farewells at the airport James & I went to Sues home for the afternoon to do 3 big loads of laundry.
Thur 10 - Honeymoon Bay was very quite without our visitors – but the strong Christmas winds and rain squalls had set-in. We spent the day getting the boat back in order.
Fri 11 – odd jobs and clean-up the boat day – still in strong winds and rain squalls. We spoke with Hugh and Brenda from Scotia on the SSB and arranged for them to move from the town anchorage to Honeymoon tomorrow.
Sat 12- Hugh and Brenda joined us for morning coffee and a good chat about our and their past journeys and our future plans for the ICW and beyond. Sue, Abrie, Christopher and their cousin Janika and her husband joined us in Honeymoon Bay for the afternoon. Due to the cooler weather we watched DVD’s in the downstairs saloon for the evening – the first time we have one that for months.
Sun13 – another great day with Sue and her family. We all joined in a school/ church baseball game and Abrie cooked great hooters wings for dinner up at their house
Mon 14 - a relaxing day at anchor in Honeymoon Bay, we all met up and went to the movie night on the beach.
Tue 15 –Abrie arranged a professional fishing trip for us all today. What a great day. We landed 17 fish in total – and there were some ‘one that got away’ true stories as well for Abrie and James. We had an excellent fresh fish dinner, enjoying our catch.
Wed 16 – a relaxing day at anchor in Honeymoon Bay.
Thur 17 Abrie has a arranged a Sailing Charter for this coming long weekend, and we have been invited – so James & I did the provisioning for our 4 day sailing trip
Fri 18 to Monday 21st - S/V Holiday a 48 ft French built, 10berth COYA catamaran was ours for the next 4 days. Admiral Abrie, Co-Captains James & Christopher, Mates Sue and Patti, crew Janika and Gerard – all had a fantastic and fun time sailing through the US and BVI islands. We sailed, ate, drank swam and snorkelled, and laughed a lot and enjoyed this time together.
Mon 21 - we made it back to St Thomas with just enough time for us to go to the weekly evening movie at honeymoon beach.
Tue 22 –We met with Sue in the morning to clear back into USVI at St Thomas Customs & Immigration. -
Wed 23 – making the most of the Wi-Fi here at Honeymoon Bay available on the boat doing research and playing with photos, going into to Offshore for happy hour drinks with Abrie.
Thur 24 - 25 on board at Honeymoon – now getting ready to move on to the Bahamas next week.
Sat 26 - AUSTRALIA DAY – we went early evening fishing with Christopher and Samantha – and James was the only one to catch a fish!
Comments
Vessel Name: La Aventura
Crew: James & Patti

Who: James & Patti