The Lady J's Journey

Captain Mike and his first mate Jana begin their Journey with the Lady J.

14 April 2013 | Sandusky Harbor Marina
04 March 2013
13 February 2013 | Sandusky Ohio
06 February 2013 | Ashville, Ohio
10 September 2012 | On the hard
09 September 2012 | Sandusky Harbor Marina
27 August 2012 | Sandusky Harbor
22 August 2012
01 July 2012 | Sandusky, Ohio
29 June 2012 | Sandusky Ohio
24 June 2012
15 June 2012 | Ashville, Ohio
12 June 2012 | Ashville, Ohio

14 out of 18

27 August 2012 | Sandusky Harbor
Jana
Wow we have spent 14 out of the last 18 days working on the Lady J. I thought I might add a little something to the blog. Since Mike usually takes care of the technical updates I thought I would add some other "stuff". This past work week went really well, Mike was so pleased with what we accomplished and I loved meeting folks at the marina. Like Kathryn the 5 year old little girl who is starting kindergarten and had found a 4 leaf clover and her delightful Mom Charlotte. Or Bob who purchased a sailboat and is living on board. Or Debby who is the Commodore of the Yacht club. Everyone has a different wonderful story of why they own a boat. Needless to say they are all curious as to what we are doing with The Lady J and Mike and I are more than happy to tell them our story too. I must admit working on the Lady J is so rewarding, but there are days when you just want to go take a nap. That is usually when Mike looks at me and says it's time to knock off early and maybe go do a little sightseeing or take a dip in the pool. Thank God for a captain who knows how to treat the crew. Please be sure to see the new photos that tell some more of the two weeks of work.
Comments
Vessel Name: The Lady J
Vessel Make/Model: 1973 Gulfstar Trawler
Hailing Port: Sandusky Harbor Marina
Crew: Jana & Mike Kent
About: Retired Aircraft Mechanic and a retired Office Supply Rep, beginning the journey of fixing up an old boat to live out their dreams.

Who: Jana & Mike Kent
Port: Sandusky Harbor Marina