Around the World

23 February 2013 | Similan Islands Thailand
21 February 2013 | Bay of Bengal
15 February 2013 | Cinque Islands
15 February 2013 | Henry Lawrence Island
12 February 2013 | North Button Island
10 February 2013 | Henry Lawrence Island
09 February 2013 | Havelock Island
06 February 2013 | Neil Island
04 February 2013 | Rutland Island
01 February 2013 | Andaman Sea
30 January 2013 | Port Blair
26 January 2013 | Andaman Sea
26 January 2013 | Andaman Sea
03 December 2012 | Burma
02 December 2012
08 November 2012
08 November 2012 | Thailand
08 November 2012
10 June 2012 | Rebak Marina Langkawi
06 February 2012 | Malaysia

Leaving Malaysia

08 November 2012
After fixing, sometimes in a temporary manner, all our urgent boat problems, we left Rebak marina to motor (no wind) all of an hour to Telaga marina which is on the main island. The purpose of this was to be able to stock up with duty-free booze without having to haul it across on the ferry, and to check out of Malaysia in the handy marina-side customs/immigration base. We spent two nights here and hired a car from the marina to do our shopping. It was a choice of the falling apart really cheapo one at the equivalent of £10, or a slightly better one at slightly more money. We opted for the more expensive one, but unfortunately our first outing was not successful as the car broke down outside the wine shop. However, we did manage to arrange our purchases. We had to get a taxi back, so were unable to complete our other shopping. With no hire car available we were luckily able to hire the marina manager's car the following day, although she was none to happy about it. We completed our shopping in the morning and went to check out in the afternoon, only to find that the harbour master had decided to finish at lunchtime. This meant yet another long trip into town for Michael in the afternoon.
We had a final celebratory meal that evening at a very good modern Malaysian restaurant at the marina before leaving Langkawi the following morning.

We had excellent weather and a very pleasant trip up to Thailand. We had decided to take our time on the trip and spent two nights at our second anchorage, Koh Rok Nok, which must be the only really good place to snorkel around these waters. The sea was calm, unlike our previous visit and we were also able to kayak around the larger island - further than we had thought, as we massaged our aching muscles when we finally reached the boat again.
Comments
Vessel Name: Lady Kay
Vessel Make/Model: Lagoon 380
Hailing Port: Falmouth
Crew: Michael & Jackie Chapman
Lady Kay's Photos - Main
No Photos
Created 1 March 2013
Ha'apai islands with Tamsin and Paul
7 Photos
Created 31 May 2009
No Photos
Created 23 November 2008
No Photos
Created 13 August 2008
Petra & Bob's birthday party
10 Photos
Created 2 August 2008
2 Photos
Created 24 July 2008