Around the World

23 February 2013 | Similan Islands Thailand
21 February 2013 | Bay of Bengal
15 February 2013 | Cinque Islands
15 February 2013 | Henry Lawrence Island
12 February 2013 | North Button Island
10 February 2013 | Henry Lawrence Island
09 February 2013 | Havelock Island
06 February 2013 | Neil Island
04 February 2013 | Rutland Island
01 February 2013 | Andaman Sea
30 January 2013 | Port Blair
26 January 2013 | Andaman Sea
26 January 2013 | Andaman Sea
03 December 2012 | Burma
02 December 2012
08 November 2012
08 November 2012 | Thailand
08 November 2012
10 June 2012 | Rebak Marina Langkawi
06 February 2012 | Malaysia

Around Hong Kong

25 September 2008 | Hong Kong
Jackie and Michael
We had two good days sightseeing around Hong Kong. The first day we went across to Honk Kong Island and explored the markets selling exotic remedies, food etc. we also browsed around the antique shops, which is like being in a museum as they are full of amazing artifacts from past dynasties. Almost life-sized terracotta horses, giant Buddhas, and loads of jade and elephant tusk carvings, for example. After a late lunch of dim sum we returned to the hotel and made good use of the spa and pool.

The following day we again crossed to HK Island and went on the peak tram up to the high peak overlooking Hong Kong and surrounding area. Luckily the weather was fairly clear and we had excellent views in all directions. Ate in a lovely glass sided Australian resturant with a view to die for in the Peak Tower, which was designed by Terry Farrell. Did a 3 mile walk around the peak after lunch and made our way back via the photographic shops where Michael found a good bargain on the lens he was looking for.

On our last morning we went computer shopping and bought Jackie a wonderful new AirMac which she is thrilled to bits with. Michael is taking over her PC as his machine is on its last legs. Had lunch in a local Chinese and then went off to airport.

Went to check in at airport, in good time for flight, but we were stopped at the check-in as we didn't have a return ticket from New Caledonia and being EU they had not bothered to stamp our passports on the way out. After going through passports page by page, they took them away and went off somewhere muttering darkly. Returned after about 20 mins and asked further questions. Showed them our e-mail reservation at Port Moselle marina. They tried to ring the marina and immigration (7pm at night in Noumea so very unlikely to find anyone there). They finally managed to speak to someone in Noumea airport who said that they would get immigration to ring back. Half an hour later there was still no response. We tried various ways to convince them to let us go. They then said that if we bought a return ticket they would let us through. We refused. We waited at the check-in for almost two hours while these discussion were going on. We watched the air crew check in and the gate close. Told them that Air NZ would have to fly us back to London if they weren't prepared to let us continue our journey. At the very last minute they decided that they would let us through to Auckland, and that we could sort out our further flight from there. We happily agreed, even though we would have to collect our luggage and go through customs etc. again.

After a very bumpy flight, and no sleep we arrived in Auckland and had no trouble checking in to Noumea. Arrived here at about 2.30 p.m. so managed to get back to the boat in good time and do some unpacking, have a meal etc. before we collapsed.
Comments
Vessel Name: Lady Kay
Vessel Make/Model: Lagoon 380
Hailing Port: Falmouth
Crew: Michael & Jackie Chapman
Lady Kay's Photos - Main
No Photos
Created 1 March 2013
Ha'apai islands with Tamsin and Paul
7 Photos
Created 31 May 2009
No Photos
Created 23 November 2008
No Photos
Created 13 August 2008
Petra & Bob's birthday party
10 Photos
Created 2 August 2008
2 Photos
Created 24 July 2008