Now we are the M/V HOPE

New boat Grand Banks 42 as of March 25 2014

13 August 2015
15 July 2015 | Rouses Point USA
09 July 2015 | Ottawa, Canada
04 July 2015 | Burritt’s Rapids-Rideau River 30 Mi West of Ottawa
30 June 2015
28 June 2015 | Kingston CANADA
28 June 2015 | Kingston CANADA
24 June 2015 | Oswego New York Lake Ontario
23 June 2015
21 June 2015 | Brewerton NY
19 June 2015 | Oswego Canal
19 June 2015
15 June 2015
12 June 2015 | Canajo, NY
11 June 2015 | Amsterdam Town Dock

Don Pedro Park Gasparilla Island

04 May 2013 | Gasparilla Island Cape Haze
Pt Sunny 20-knt north wind
Well we met up with Bob & Gail on Thursday evening after spending a quiet day in Venice and around the boat. We had a fine dinner at the Crows Nest and good conversation with our friends from home. Of Friday Dede'd birthday we had a nice breakfast at Dunkin Donuts while we did three loads of laundry across the street! However the better part of the day was spent having a nice lunch at TJ Carneys and then biking around the entire Venice Island and hitting the beach for an hour. After showering back at the boat the day was coming to an end so we headed to downtown venice for a final walkabout. Dinner consistent of cappuccino and Trimasu (sp). WE examined all the decorated porpoises/dolphins and Dede posed with the one she liked best!! See photo, Then back to boat to get ready for underway in the morning. Dede had a nice birthday with hearing from all the grandchildren. Arron even face-booked and blew out the candle on Dede's cupcake (or so he thinks he blew it out) Saturday May 4th (today) we got underway and sailed/motored down through the ICW on a well marked channel. There is little room off to the side to wander in Lemon Bay or the land cuts. We did intend to stop at Palm Island Marina but opted to anchor out in front of Don Pedro State Park. There is a nice deep hole off the park with a good bit of shelter from the east and west wind. Of course we have a 20 kt north wind so the shelter is not all of that good but the bay water is narrow and nit much fetch so its relatively flat but breezy. Dropped the hook in 8' of water with 40' of chain! That should hold us with God's blessing. Tomorrow the girl -Nicole -that Dede got her paddle board from has offered to give her a lesson at the park. If the wind dies that may happen If the wind is blowing 20 knots I doubt she will be paddling around so we will dingy.
Stay tuned.
Comments
Vessel Name: HOPE
Vessel Make/Model: Grand Banks 42
Hailing Port: East Greenwich, RI
Crew: Jim & Dede McGuire
About:
Jim is currently retired from Rhode Island College where he was a professor of Adult Vocational Education and Management. Dede is currently back into nursing after many years in upper level health care administration. [...]
Extra: This blog shifted "gears" April 4th 2014 from wind power to motor power and "GEARS"! We still adventuring and are setting off soon for a Down East Loop up the Hudson, NY canal system, St Lawrence Seaway down Lake Champlain and back to RI

Hope's Crew

Who: Jim & Dede McGuire
Port: East Greenwich, RI