Aboard Lagniappe

Port: Kemah, TX
17 June 2009
16 June 2009
13 June 2009 | Port Aransas to Rockport
11 June 2009
08 June 2009
07 June 2009 | Freeport, TX
06 June 2009 | Kemah - Galveston
05 June 2009
31 May 2009 | Kemah, TX
27 April 2009
15 March 2009

Another day in Costa Grande

15 June 2009
Another day with no destination...
We arrived at Costa Grande ahead of the group because we wanted a day to just putt around. We both launched the dinks after witnessing the Lakewood Yacht club exit the marina. Stories about power boats and their deportment will have to wait for another day - lot's of material this morning however...

About 9:30 we set off in the dinks for some exploration. Our main goal was to get up and close with a dolphin. Unfortunately, that didn't happen. We saw a few, but none as close as we'd hoped. As we puttered around the marina, we drove by a number of bird islands they've built as a part of the development. A number of them had birds nesting, but we saw one that didn't and a plan was hatched for lunch.

We came back to the boats and prepared sandwiches, beer and chips for a picnic, then off in the dink to the island soon to be claimed and named "Boudreaux Island". He had a ball there running free. Not so much the swimming, but we tested out his life jacket, and it worked fine. Wish we had pictures, but it was a wet ride out there and we didn't want to risk camera damage.

Sam declared it "Boudreaux Island" and 'engraved' such in the sand. I'm sure it will be there for eternity. Considering nothing here is charted, we wondered how we might make it official.

After that, we came back to the boat and welcomed in the rest of the tmca group from Rockport. There are about 8 boats here tonight.

Docktales at 5:30 and dinner shortly afterwards. Then perhaps another go at the saltwater pool at night...

Last night we lost power for a few hours. I wish I'd had the foresight to take a few minutes to look at the stars. When the lights are out, we're in deep darkness. But I didn't - I was focused on cooling off the boat a bit.

So, tomorrow, we're either off with the group to Matagorda, or staying another day just the 2 boats - we haven't decided as of now. Important decisions such as this get made late in the evening...

Comments
Vessel Name: Lagniappe
Vessel Make/Model: Beneteau 423
Hailing Port: Kemah, TX

Port: Kemah, TX