Where In the World is Landover

23 February 2016 | Magnalina Bay
23 February 2016
09 February 2016 | Marina Palmira, La a Paz, BCS, Mexico
08 February 2016 | Marina Palmira, La Paz
06 February 2016 | Marina Palmira, La a Paz BCS, MX
06 February 2016 | Marina Palmira, La a Paz BCS, MX
03 February 2016
01 February 2016 | La Paz, BCS, Mexico
27 April 2014 | La Paz Mexico
09 March 2014 | La Manzanillo, Mexico
05 March 2014 | La Manzanillo, Mexico
09 February 2014 | Espiritu Santo y Isla Partida
03 February 2014 | The Islands and Beyond
02 January 2014 | La Paz
31 December 2013 | Marina Palmira, La Paz
05 November 2013 | Silver Gate Yacht Club
20 October 2013 | Marina del Rey
20 October 2013 | Monterey Bay, CA

La Manzanillo and Beyond

05 March 2014 | La Manzanillo, Mexico
80's and Humid with a Lovely Breeze
Well Hmmm,

We took a detour. We wanted to visit our friends Cat and Ron in La Manzanilla on the southern shore of Bahia Tenacatita on the mainland about 80 miles south of Puerto Vallarta. It's a small fishing village that also hosts quite a few gringo homes and tourists. It is still "unspoiled" by the invasion. By that I mean the people are warm and friendly in that amazing Mexican way.

We had wanted to sail here but time was running out and it is lots of miles - like 600 or something. And the return trip to La Paz would most likely take a long time because of the northers coming down the sea like a freight train. Sooooo, to get here we were given a ride to the La Paz airport at 8:00 am by our friends, Marilyn and Will, THEN - took a 30 passenger plane to Mazatlan (very nice airport and plane), THEN - took a taxi to the bus station (Central de autobus), THEN - once we had our next bus tickets we walked to the beach front where Carnival was happening along the malecon, to have some lunch (very noisy, especially for two very tired hombres), THEN - we took a VW Thing (remember them?) taxi back to the bus station and waited a zillion hours for our 11:15 pm autobus. While waiting we met a wonderful 14 year old girl and her mom. We now have new friends in Mazatlan, THEN - we boarded the "comfort" bus for an eight hour bus ride (thinking we could sleep - right?...NOT!), THEN - we arrived in Puerto Vallarta bus station and found another bus heading south toward our eventual destination, (alas -there was no time to check out PV), THEN - about 4-1/2 hours into our latest bus ride, Sergio gets on the bus at one of the many many many stops and we start talking with him (he's very good with the English). It turns out he is heading where we are and there is in fact a bus stop near the town (previously we were told there wasn't one by the people running the counter at the bus station) and he even knows "Catalina and Ronaldo" (Catalina and Ronaldo are very popular with the Mexicans. Cat and Ron love the Mexican people and their culture and the locals know it) and Sergio knows that near the bus stop is a little store that will call a taxi for us AND he will ride with us to show us the way even though he has to go back to the store!, THEN - we arrive at Cat and Ron's beautiful casa and live happily ever after.....
Comments
Vessel Name: Landover
Vessel Make/Model: Valiant 32
Hailing Port: Sacramento, California
Crew: Chris & Louise McCurry
Landover's Photos - Main
7 Photos
Created 9 February 2016
5 Photos
Created 8 February 2016
Found "Wally's" Blog (sv Stella Blue) and found Mama Kitty story and photos as a young girl.
2 Photos
Created 28 April 2014
IT'S ALL ABOUT ME!
4 Photos
Created 27 April 2014
Photos from Espiritu Santo
8 Photos
Created 14 April 2014
A New Beginning for A Kool Kat!
4 Photos
Created 14 April 2014
Incredible Rock Formations of the Isla Espiritu Santo and Surrounding Outcroppings and Caves (The caves we motored our dinghy into)
18 Photos
Created 9 March 2014
6 Photos
Created 9 March 2014
12 Photos
Created 4 March 2014
6 Photos
Created 4 March 2014
8 Photos
Created 2 January 2014
Richard's snaps of Morro Bay
5 Photos
Created 5 November 2013
8 Photos
Created 17 October 2013

Magic Kingdom of Landover

Who: Chris & Louise McCurry
Port: Sacramento, California

Where In the World is Landover