life IS beautiful

10 May 2010 | Horse Shoe Bay, QLD, Australia
09 May 2010 | Magnetic Island, Far North QLD, Austraila
08 May 2010 | Townsville, Far North QLD, Australia
08 May 2010 | Townsville, Far North QLD, Australia
08 May 2010 | Townsville, Far North QLD, Australia
07 May 2010 | Between Bowlers Green and Townsville
07 May 2010 | Townsville, Far North QLD, Australia
05 May 2010 | Shark Bay - Upstart Bay, QLD, Australia
04 May 2010 | Shark Bay
02 May 2010 | Bowen, QLD, Australia
01 May 2010 | Bowen, QLD, Australia
30 April 2010 | Boner Bay, QLD, Australia
28 April 2010 | Nara Inlet
26 April 2010 | Thomas Island, Northside
25 April 2010 | Thomas Island
24 April 2010 | Mackay, QLD, Australia

Clear Blue Sky

26 April 2010 | Thomas Island, Northside
Lori
We awoke to a PERFECT morning. Nothing says perfect morning like waking up on your own boat, in the Whitsunday's, to finally a CLEAR BLUE SKY! A slight breeze and gentle rocking.
Oh and the screeching of MORNING MUMMA! Ever and I actually slept in today - 630...oh it was a taste of heaven.

Today was/is supposed to be on of the windiest day, so not good for an easy sail - and after our ferocious seasickness yesterday, I'm glad Miguel shares my ideas of island hoping - taking our time - reaching where ever, when ever. I only get a tad panicky about the food situation (it's the over preparedness in me - what about the BABY?), but I estimate with what we have on bored including water supplies (we don't have a water maker) we can cruise and explore for at least 10 days----water re-filling being the only thing we would need.
So we are staying put for the next day or so.

We have a Nespresso coffee maker on board (the environmentalist in me - shudders at this on land ---- LITTLE capsules for each cup of coffee? TOO WASTEFUL, but I will not let it go - I just turn my famous blind eye to it- again this is coming from the very environmental Prado driving SUV women. Oxymoron liveth), which is so exquisitely luxurious on the boat.
The only problem is I would have to start the GENERATOR to make 2 cups of coffee.
Something deep inside of me does think that this is wrong. Perfect morning and the gentle HUM of the generator is not the way I want to start the morning.
So, I've re-introduced the morning Cup of Tea. Oh is it ever beautiful to have a perfectly made (again thank you Miguel) cup of tea, over looking the gentle roll of the waves, and the sky turning that beautiful shades of pinks and purples as it lightens up.

Miguel took Ever over to the beach for some shell hunting first thing in the morning to tire her out, and find some beautiful shells again she did, it's a great way for daddy-daughter bonding, and to give me a moment to shower and do the dishes. Yes I consider doing dishes alone fantastic ME time.
We decided yesterday to have a bbq on the beach for lunch, and that's what we did!
Miguel brought the Weber Baby-que over to the rock formation, and we had a roast pickled pork with crackling, roast pumpkin, grilled sweet potatoes and apples for lunch. On the beach with the most amazing view!
Its times like that, that re-affirm to me, how fantastic life is, and how little you need to be happy.

We have decided to start to wean Ever from the boob, and this has become a mission in it's self (yes I am still breastfeeding at 21 months.). So these beach moments are great for distraction, along with the beauty. (However she has a STRONG will, and stubborn streak, and these moments can turn into battle of the wills)
Thomas Island must have been hit pretty hard by the cyclone that just ravaged the coast, as trees were uprooted, national park signs destroyed, and quite a bit of litter strewn around.

That night we decided to have a bon fire on the beach, and Miguel being the hunter-gatherer-sailor supreme, started the perfect little fire on the beach, whilst Ever and I play doing yoga, dancing, and counting the stars.
After the fire was started, Ever fell asleep in my arms (of course - perfect timing), so we only stayed out for about 20 mins until sitting on the rocks got too much, and Miguel tendered us back to the boat, and he returned to do 'boy stuff' on the beach.
A perfect way to end the day!
Comments
Vessel Name: La Dolce Vita
Vessel Make/Model: 2004 - 36ft - Schionning
Hailing Port: Mackay, QLD, Australia
Crew: Mike, Lori, Ever and Nemo
About:
LDV is our first sailing Cat. We are relatively new to the live-aboard-sailing prospect -- with a 21 month old baby and a japanese fighting fish. [...]
Extra: This is the beginning of a wonderful adventure.

Who: Mike, Lori, Ever and Nemo
Port: Mackay, QLD, Australia