life IS beautiful

10 May 2010 | Horse Shoe Bay, QLD, Australia
09 May 2010 | Magnetic Island, Far North QLD, Austraila
08 May 2010 | Townsville, Far North QLD, Australia
08 May 2010 | Townsville, Far North QLD, Australia
08 May 2010 | Townsville, Far North QLD, Australia
07 May 2010 | Between Bowlers Green and Townsville
07 May 2010 | Townsville, Far North QLD, Australia
05 May 2010 | Shark Bay - Upstart Bay, QLD, Australia
04 May 2010 | Shark Bay
02 May 2010 | Bowen, QLD, Australia
01 May 2010 | Bowen, QLD, Australia
30 April 2010 | Boner Bay, QLD, Australia
28 April 2010 | Nara Inlet
26 April 2010 | Thomas Island, Northside
25 April 2010 | Thomas Island
24 April 2010 | Mackay, QLD, Australia

Horse Shoe Bay

09 May 2010 | Magnetic Island, Far North QLD, Austraila
Lori
Alright, Alright.

I will never sleep past 4am again. I am slowly coming to the realisation that this early wake up is going to be a permanent fixture in my life. For EVER.
But there are worse ways to wake up, than at 4am with your baby demanding kisses, coffee, cuddles, and boobie - gazing up through the hatch, counting the stars.
We are in Horse Shoe Bay, on Magnetic Island, (a floating suburb of Townsville.).
Yesterday was mothers day here, and we woke early to count the stars, have tea, more tea, then chocolate with tea(because it makes it all better - LINDT).
Michel decided to sail us to Maggie Island for Mothers Day - WHAT A FANTASTIC idea.
But first, there was a drama - there always is a drama - No?
I slipped off our boat, and fell onto the finger in the marina, and then slipped off that, and ping pong-ed against another boat and almost fell into the MARINA WATER.
*My skin just walked off my body now - thinking about the harbour water - EEEEWWWWWWWWWWWW*.
After that drama we set sail, and had a great go at about 9knots for half the trip, then the current, swell, tides, waves started acting up, and we had to take down the Main sail (oh happy happy joy joy fun that is), and try not to hit THESE massive boulders. As you do.

We arrived in Horse Shoe Bay - a beautiful bay, that has a road, lined with a couple pubs, restaurants, cafes, a shop, and tourists. - FYI - I am a tourist, so I APPRECIATE the extra bonus of things to look at and do.
Michel took me out to lunch (ah haaaah- I pulled the ITS MOTHERS DAY , and I want my dishes CLEARED AWAY - and not just to the galley for me to clean later CARD), and then Ever and I had a swim on the beach.
Which is FANTASTIC because it is DOUBLE fenced in. To protect us from say oh TIGER Sharks.
Crocodiles.
Jelly fish (the deadly ones).
I LOVE it when they (gov) do nice things like that! What a treat to swim and not loose a limb! WHOO HOO, now thats a fun day at the beach!

Daedalus TOO is in Horse Shoe Bay on their way to Palm Island, Up North, over to Darwin - then to join the Indonesian Rally to *gasp* Indonesia!
Check out their website, and if you want apply to crew! How fun! www.389post.com

Now, Daedalus TOO is not just some random boat I saw and thought *Hmm, thats pretty - lets stalk them*, but are friends of ours from Mackay.
Ever ADORES Sylvia and Gerd, and they spoil her with treats, clothes and SHOOOOES - Sylvia is her favourite person, and she tried to jump off the boat and swim over to Sylvia's yesterday when we were pulling in!

So we are lucky enough to spend some time with them before they head off to Indo and then Thailand for 2 years!
Last night, we all got together (with their new crew member to Darwin Dean - who is a teacher on the SUNSHINE coast - in COOLUM ((this is where we live - of all the places in all the world! - How crazy,)) plus Dean knows a mutual friend whom is our neighbor's father, and they would go spear fishing on Palm Island - Pretty much the butterfly effect, or is it the flutterby effect or 6 degrees of seperation?
Or something or another, I just thought *DUDE - how trippy*) and had a beach bbq (again thank you gov for littering the beach with public toilets, showers and bbq's), of pork, rissoles, sauteed onions,potato and pea salad, rice salad, cucumber-vinegar salad, fresh veggies and PINK champagne!
It was a perfect way to end a perfect day!
WE ate, we laughed, Ever played for hours with Sylvia on the beach, in the park, feeding the birds...and mumma got to use both hands to EAT her food! So to Sylvia a big thank you!

Comments
Vessel Name: La Dolce Vita
Vessel Make/Model: 2004 - 36ft - Schionning
Hailing Port: Mackay, QLD, Australia
Crew: Mike, Lori, Ever and Nemo
About:
LDV is our first sailing Cat. We are relatively new to the live-aboard-sailing prospect -- with a 21 month old baby and a japanese fighting fish. [...]
Extra: This is the beginning of a wonderful adventure.

Who: Mike, Lori, Ever and Nemo
Port: Mackay, QLD, Australia