L'Eau Commotion Westabout

An (other) attempt to sail non stop Westabout around the world

Vessel Name: L'Eau Commotion
Vessel Make/Model: Northshore 38
Hailing Port: Brisbane Australia
Crew: Bill Hatfield
22 May 2018 | 25 Miles South Cabo San Juan, Staten Island
21 May 2018 | 55 Miles NE Staten Island
20 May 2018 | 25 Miles WSW Beauchene Island
19 May 2018 | 15 Miles East of Lively Island, East Falklands
18 May 2018 | FIC Jetty, Stanley,Falkland Islands
14 May 2018 | FIC Jetty Stanley, Falkland Islands
22 April 2018 | FIC Jetty, Stanley
21 April 2018 | Stanley, Falkland Islands
18 April 2018 | Stanley, Falkland Islands
13 April 2018 | The Camber, Stanley Harbour, Falkland Islands
30 March 2018 | FIC Jetty, Stanley
25 March 2018 | FIC Jetty, Stanley, Falkland Islands
14 March 2018 | FIC Jetty, Stanley
09 March 2018 | FIC Jetty Stanley
08 March 2018 | FIC Jetty, Stanley, Falklands
01 March 2018 | FIC Jetty, Stanley
28 February 2018 | Falkland Islands Company Jetty, Stanley
27 February 2018 | 18 Miles East of Cape Pembroke
27 February 2018 | 18 Miles East of Cape Pembroke
26 February 2018 | 24 Miles South East of Cape Pembroke
Recent Blog Posts
22 May 2018 | 25 Miles South Cabo San Juan, Staten Island

AIS Mystery Solved

5:00pm Tuesday 22nd May 2018 ( UTC-3 )

21 May 2018 | 55 Miles NE Staten Island

AIS & Watch Keeping

7:00pm Monday 21st May 2018 ( UTC-3 )

20 May 2018 | 25 Miles WSW Beauchene Island

Softly,Softly

4:00pm Sunday 20th May 2018

19 May 2018 | 15 Miles East of Lively Island, East Falklands

Under Way

10:00pm Saturday 19th May 2018. ( UTC-3 )

18 May 2018 | FIC Jetty, Stanley,Falkland Islands

We Sail With The Tide in The Morning!

9:00pm Friday 18th May 2018 ( UTC-3 )

14 May 2018 | FIC Jetty Stanley, Falkland Islands

Departure Date

3:00am Monday 14th May 2018 ( UTC-3 ]

Running Off

05 February 2018 | 383 Miles SSW Cape Horn
3:30pm Monday 5th February 2018 ( UTC-5 ) Despite my best intentions of pressing on as the wind climbed through 35 ( forecast ) knots it all got a bit much. Fortunately I was able to adjust the WindPilot from the cabin to run downwind as I donned the gear and the storm jib dropped with a minimum of fuss. It still required going forward to secure the sail and halyard but the task reasonably easy. I am now running at about three knots with a small section of the furled jib helping to steady the odd lurch and with a quartering wind just at gale force. The forecast hopefully states this should only last for another few hours but I will probably be reluctant to hoist the storm jib till morning. If it gets a bit quiet I can always roll out a few turns of the jib. The bright side of all this - the South West change is still said to be coming.
Comments
L'Eau Commotion's Photos - Main
1 Photo
Created 23 July 2017
1 Photo
Created 23 July 2017
1 Photo
Created 22 July 2017
Northshore 38
1 Photo
Created 14 September 2016
No Photos
Created 14 September 2016