Lebanon

Vessel Name: Silika
Recent Blog Posts
24 December 2010 | Lebanon

Union Yacht honors its heroes 2010

The head of the Union Yacht Commodore Edmond Chaghoury that the Union will announce the calendar of future activities at a later date, which will include a program of local championships and the Lebanese championship and is hosted by the international and the Arab Championship in late June.

24 December 2010 | Beirut

Electricity of Lebanon is doing disarmament campaigns abuse

Central - The EDL in the statement that "the difference observation of the Foundation is active in the removal of encroachments on the grid and suppress violations on all the Lebanese territories. During the month of November 2010 set the 1071 violation, distributed as follows: the Beirut area and its [...]

24 December 2010 | Lebanon

Staff Union "Electricity of Lebanon," declared a strike and sit-in on March 28

Announced union officials, workers and EDL strike and sit-in departments and sections all except Mnobe investment in production factories and plants the main switching, starting Tuesday morning, 28 current and up to Monday morning, January 3 next, during the picketing, which was carried out by the union [...]

24 December 2010 | Beirut

Solidere Beirut under the sky: 800 houses washed away old between 1995 and 2010

Is a company that smuggled Saudi businessman Rafiq al-Hariri on the table of the Minister, as in the Lebanese Chamber of Deputies before named head of the Government of Lebanon in the early nineties, in complete disregard of all things related to the architectural heritage of the capital Beirut without [...]

24 December 2010 | Beirut

Fire in the marina causing substantial material damage

Naval forces put down a fire came on the 3 boats in the Yacht Club (ATCL) in Jounieh at 6.00 am on Saturday, as the fire broke out in one of the boats moored at the club soon spread to the adjacent vessels to him.

Solidere Beirut under the sky: 800 houses washed away old between 1995 and 2010

24 December 2010 | Beirut
Robert
Is a company that smuggled Saudi businessman Rafiq al-Hariri on the table of the Minister, as in the Lebanese Chamber of Deputies before named head of the Government of Lebanon in the early nineties, in complete disregard of all things related to the architectural heritage of the capital Beirut without impunity, in control of the land and the atmosphere at the together, and devastating the vast majority of heritage buildings on the way gradually to build towers, which comes from the Gulf States.

Fasamp Lebanon known after Scott Cannon of "Paris of the Middle East" due to the exciting nightlife is located on the traditional image of a victim of billions of dollars in Arabic that do do a converted city block scene Ismonitp proud.

What did not destroy the Lebanese civil war between 1975 and 1990 being consumed today bulldozers Solidere According to a study conducted by the Ministry of Culture, it is an old building from 1200 was counted in 1995, there were still only 400 public buildings standing and the number in the fall.

At the time, who cares about the House of Representatives a lot of things outweighed the need for him to maintain an image of Beirut, and that without make no law protects the heritage architect or at least what's left of it, launched a youth group during the past few months a popular campaign on facebook e joined them later thousands of volunteers, the goal of seeking to put pressure on the government to stop this crime and brought to the attention of the international community to the heritage of Beirut.

This step contributed to the youth fired a number of other campaigns run by Lebanese expatriates abroad, and paid the Ministry of Culture to the announcement of the emergency call service by reporting on the operations of harm are illegal archaeological sites.

Beirut, capital of the most expensive real estate in ten Arab capitals, according to a study conducted in the recent Organization of real estate foreign, waiting for more official concern with its buildings of archaeological and this demand is not new, especially the period of the sixties saw the establishment of the protection of natural sites and old buildings, following the increased concern about the fate of architectural heritage in the country.

If you are Solidere silk that seeks, through its contractors to turn Beirut a replica of Dubai or the other overlooking the fact that Lebanon is not a desert and has a culture of its own, and utilized to achieve the objectives of the bad economic situation existing in Lebanon, which drives many to abandon their land and their old homes in exchange for either a new apartment in the tower, which will place their old house and the amount of either a fair amount of dollars, all without taking into account that the land of human identity and the loss of the first leads inevitably to the second loss. It also should not forget how to put her hand Solidere force at various Real Estate Beirut in the early nineties under the banner of reconstruction and without that to compensate the rights holders.
Comments

About & Links