Lee and Kirstys Excellent Adventure

06 October 2012 | Gibraltar
27 August 2012 | costa del Crime
26 August 2012 | espanol
09 August 2012 | benalmadena
09 August 2012 | Costa Del Sol
21 July 2012 | Gibraltar
11 July 2012 | somewhere off the Spanish Coast
02 July 2012 | middle of the bay
02 July 2012 | Gijon
02 July 2012 | St Denis
25 June 2012 | Ille De Re
25 June 2012 | La Rochelle
21 June 2012 | Not to be taken too seriously
21 June 2012 | La Rochelle
21 June 2012 | La Rochelle
21 June 2012 | La Rochelle
17 June 2012 | nr Sauzon
17 June 2012 | in the Biscay!!!

Some observations of Brittany

21 June 2012 | Not to be taken too seriously
Some observations of Brittany
Well we are out of Brittany and about to leave France and we both thought it would be a good time to make some fairly offensive and stereotypical observations that we have made of life in Brittany whilst here. Dont get us wrong we love it here, the veg in the supermarkets is local and fresh, the weather is better, people are really polite and forgiving of our pidgeon french, and of course the cheese is the best in the world and where can you drink as £2.50 bottle of wine and still think is tastes good? only here!!! We also love the lack of regard for rules and regualtions. If you see a sign that says no fishing, you'll find a frenchman with a rod in his hand below it, car indicators are fashion accesories only, a one way street is not a one way street if you can reverse, the EU directive we have strictly adopted about not smoking indoors is treated way more losely here and as for parking boats less said the better (see earlier blog) . But equally there are unwritten rules here that all Frenchies (especially in Brittany) seem to follow and noone tells you about them. One is obvious to us all......., public latrines must never be cleaned until overflowing, and there must be at least 2 bulbs not working, the floor must be wet and no seats allowed on the toilet bowls. But it is the second rule we weren't told about that, is much more subtle but messed us up big time in Brittany. We would get up about 9am have breakfast and then head into town requiring food for lunch about 2ish. However, it seems, noone in France has lunch after 2pm...ok its a bit late but..... not only that, you are not allowed to purchase lunch after 2pm ANYWHERE. Every town was the same, even if it was 2.01pm and the chef was sitting around bored and all you wanted was some fries you were directed to the nearest creperie. Where, it seems, You CAN eat Galletes or Crepes after 2pm but not anything else etc. WHY!!!!!!!!!! its not like they are even shutting, the brasseries stay open surely they can cook a few chips or bung a pizza in ....but no.... if you want to eat after 2pm in Brittany its Crepes.....or Crepe off....bizzare!
Comments
Vessel Name: Jon Jon
Vessel Make/Model: Sadler 34
Hailing Port: Fowey
Crew: Kirsty and Lee (and friends!)
About: Lee - Skipper Kirsty 1st mate
Extra: This is the voyage of the yacht Jon Jon her 5 month mission,.... to seek out new cheese, try out new wine and boldly go etc etc

Jon Jon

Who: Kirsty and Lee (and friends!)
Port: Fowey