Lemons Way

Continuing adventures, observations, and images.

Blueberry’s Spot

I've been making my lists and checking them twice, doing all I can to get this old sailboat back into safe and reliable cruising, but it takes time. Slowly, surely, we are bringing her to perhaps better than new. I'm like four years in on this restoration. Is the end in sight. Probably not. One of the obstacles is that I keep getting new ideas as I go. Also, the process of bringing an old sailboat closer and closer to safe and reliable cruising is so satisfying for me I'm not sure I ever want to stop. I don't know why. Neither my parents nor any formal education instilled this peculiar passion. I was taught the opposite, actually. Everyone who knows anything knows boats are one of the things best rented. Boat people and other types of adventurers understand me, though. But it doesn't really matter if anyone does. I'm at that point. Today, among a few other things, I discovered I have 18 spaces under the floorboards in the shallow bilge just big enough for storage of bottles of wine or spirits, or plastic cartons of a dozen eggs. I believe I could store 9 dozen eggs and 9 bottles covered in bubble wrap in my bilge. That's 108 eggs. Enough for 3 people at two eggs a day for 18 days or four people at two eggs a day for two weeks. And nobody eats two eggs a day every day for two weeks. Just saying.

Comments