Lemons Way

Continuing adventures, observations, and images.

And a fourth night at Marina Terra

I wound up spending what has become the fourth night at the hotel in the last two trips up here.. They sent me a message mid-day that they would have the worksite/sailboat ready to at least sleep in by last night,, but I had already been in the hotel room most of the day with the three appointments I scheduled and I already paid for the room for a second night, so I just stayed. Its not exactly slumming it here. Fell asleep early and then awoke.at 4 and watched this interesting science fiction thriller, Freaks. Took this photo shortly after it became light with the partial moon visible. I'll head to the sailboat his morning to see where things stand with the ongoing refit. First coffee, a long hike, and perhaps another hearty breakfast. Yesterday I picked up what turned out to be a gigantic egg cheese and meat croissant from barracuda bobs, the coffee shop at Marina San Carlos, where I have spent many a morning when I used to launch from here and anchor in the inner bay. I ate it in three parts over the day and had the rest of a small bag of peanut M & M's for dessert last night. Yesterday, though good overall, was a day filled with disappointments from people, one of the worst kind of feelings. I'm proud to say in spite of yesterday's difficulties, I stayed true to myself and more and more I am regaining my prior sense of individual identity and self. I believe I am also becoming healthier physically and mentally in the process. May there be a time for me when yesterday is but a distant and faded memory. Off to begin a new day.

Comments