Lemons Way

Continuing adventures, observations, and images.

Final Sunset

The weather this late afternoon is sublime. Still with a warm sun that isn't too intense and low humidity, this is what brings people from all over the world to this little piece of heaven. The couple on Cameron and Forbes is bending twin head sails onto separate tracks on their roller furler, the larger of which has two reef points built in. That's reef points built into a roller furling headsail. Never even heard of such a thing until this moment. They are so freaking legit its amazing to have them just across the dock. They are taking the open sea sailing route back to Canada, which involves one tack nearly to Hawaii and then another to Vancouver. I'm just trying to bring OZ on her first trip across the Sea of Cortez since I bought her several years ago. I checked today and its been just over 6 weeks since I ordered the new prop that will hopefully solve the engine overheat at load problem. But for that I'd possibly be on the water tonight. Took a bit of a nap this afternoon after the 6.5 mile hike to and from Marina San Carlos and Barracuda Bob's coffee with my old friend Caleb, who is living on his little sailboat in San Carlos bay this winter instead of cruising due to covid. I enjoyed their homemade chili and buttered cornbread for lunch after Caleb told me I need to eat more as I'm looking like a marathon runner. Nobody's ever told me that before.

Comments