Lemons Way

Continuing adventures, observations, and images.

Driving into San Carlos at dusk

What a day. Awoke in Tucson, hiked two loops around the neighborhood, then ate a delicious breakfast of three fried eggs and rice with a few splashes of low sodium soy sauce. Tidied the house for showings over the weekend, packed up my things, and was off to Mexico before noon. All went well until half an hour past Santa Ana, when I noticed a low oil pressure warning on my dash and observed the analog guage at zero. Yikes. Pulled off and checked the oil, which looked full. Some possible drips from the oil sump underneath, but that's not out of line for a truck with 161k miles on it and a mostly rebuild engine. Found a mechanic in a nearby town, who checked it out and reassured me the oil pump was working fine and it was only the sensor sending unit. He refused to charge me but I gave his wife 100 pesos for his expertise. The guage went back and forth from 0 to 80 for a few miles, then fixed itself back at full pressure again for the rest of the drive. I enjoyed the sunset and some conversation with family over the phone while driving and arrived into town as you see above. Beautiful night. Stocked up on $20 of groceries and headed to the sailboat, which is in excellent condition with a few more projects completed. Had the rest of some leftover spaghetti and meatballs I made for the kids days ago and didn't want to go to waste, and two large peanut butter cookies my daugher baked with me last week. Little 1500 watt box heater is on and I'm starting to relax and cozy into things.

Comments