Lemons Way

Continuing adventures, observations, and images.

RV Life

It is a brisk and beautiful morning. Just turned off the space heater to enjoy the birds outside as I drink my French press coffee in the stainless maker cousin Jodi bought me for the Bounder well over a decade ago. I spent yesterday walking from the RV on one side of town to the sailboat on the complete other side of town. Long, long walk. Had a nice nap in the afternoon and then an early night. The sailboat is going into the water Thursday morning instead of Friday as an earlier slot opened up. It's Sunday today. Home made breakfast this morning and then off for another long hike. The work crew came by last night to get started on the new hot water install. You know, there is just something about trailer parks for me. I think it was growing up around them in the way I did as the owners son, I'm drawn to them as an adult. Should be thr opposite, but it's not. Trailer parks are cheap and basic, though this one is like a little resort with the pool and pickle ball court and club room and laundry and fitness rooms, but still only $15 a night if you pay by the month..$24 per night by the week, $26 per night daily. There are super expensive rigs staying here tbis winter and everything in between. The old couple across the way is wintering out of a truck camper on the ground that looks pretty old and worn. They say they summer in Alaska, leave their stuff at a friend's place in the summer and fly back and forth. A real estate agent I met yesterday said properties have been selling out around here as people discover this beautiful place and want a piece of it for themselves. And it seems our former family home as well is under contract in Tucson. End of an era.

Comments