Lemons Way

Continuing adventures, observations, and images.

Bringing out the cruising gear

Back at the sailboat for a week on the sea. Forecast looks good for local cruising. I was able to arrange for Armondo and Raul to meet me at the dock when I arrived this afternoon after arriving into San Carlos and doing some grocery shopping for the week. You can see in this picture the new dinghy and the new set of outside speakers under the new pair of 100 watt solar panels, with the cover off in preparation for cruising. Lots of healthy goodies stored on board to keep me happy and energized while on the water. Good food, including plenty of cookies, is essential for enjoyable sailboat cruising. More than enough purified water and bottles of mineral water to last me for the week as well. Guys helped me unload all my gear and stuff from the truck and then they unpacked the fiberglass bottomed dinghy from its storage bag where it has been safely stored for many months, inflated it using my onboard shop vac, then the foot pump, then assembled the lines and blocks on the dinghy davots and hooked up the dinghy to the sailboat. I hoisted the dinghy up into its cruising position easily and the guys secured it to the boat. I was able to unload and pack all the groceries ice, and my personal bags into the sailboat while the guys took care of the rest. Then they cleaned up, took the unused equipment back to my truck with me, then left me to myself for a well deserved happy hour on deck as the sun began to set. I'm ready to go out into it, as Jim used to say, at any time, tonight or tomorrow. Very Blessed.

Comments