Lemons Way

Continuing adventures, observations, and images.

Colorado

The photo above shows a brief stop at a little old mostly abandoned Colorado town on my way to Montrose. After a journey that took more than twice as long as the trip from San Carlos to Tucson I finally arrived in Montrose. It's kind of spread out in a large valley like in Tucson, but much smaller, with only 20,000 people. Alyson kept running into people she knew. I worked most of the day on and off, dependant on the quality of the cell signal. My carrier had only the most minimal internet here in Montrose, but this household maintains a 150 mb internet service that is literally faster than I've seen in my life. I slept ithrough the night in a bed after an enjoyable evening out with Alyson, Paul, and his girlfriend, Xena. I wish I had a month to RV through Colorado. So many places to see and experience. Spectacularly beautiful land. The hardest part is pushing through the distance to get here. That takes a day or two by car but the drive is visually stunning. I enjoyed it as it's own physical and sensory experience. Once here, there is so much natural beauty and other things to learn and do. Theres evidently a short season but the flowers growing here rival San Diego. I don't expect to be able to do a month long RV trip anytime soon so I'm going to have to do my adventures in short experiences of 5 days to a week between times with the kids back at B1. I'm reminded of that amazing month long trip I led with the kids going into 10th grade from St. Louis. What a life filled with travel and adventure and serving others. I am blessed. Peace and blessings for your life's journeys, whatever and wherever they may be.

Comments