Lemons Way

Continuing adventures, observations, and images.

Another night at Lazy Days

Went on a one night trip to our local Tucson Lazy Days with both kids. This is the camping place I said I would never go to because it is so commercial and hokey. Like my views on dock vs anchor, total 360 degree turnaround since then. Our little Aliner pop up camper has definitely gotten used over the years. I'm kind of a big rig guy, so it has always been a poor fit for my taste, but it served us fine as a family and garaging it over the years has saved thousands. It was always small for the four of us, and as the kids grow more and more, it's starting to get pretty tight for the three of us. We will need to transition to a larger rig eventually. I've seen families making it work in a pop up trailer, and we can too, but tight quarters are not conducive to peaceful living when with children. It's not like we're living in it, though. While prospecting for minerals from the bag we bought at the kamp store, we met this cute little girl L's age. She told us about her father and sister, who were traveling in their R.V., moving from place to place while being homeschooled. The whole family came to our rig to visit and meet just before we were ready to leave. Retired from the military dad was hoping to find a place he wanted to buy some land and then settle there in his R.V. The American Dream, in a way. It was once my dream too. Taking my family traveling round the world, with the kids growing up everywhere. Now, at age 51, having experienced life like I have, I am no longer interested in that sort of life. Sure, I love travel and adventure as much or more than the next guy. But I've learned stability is better for kids than adventure. I'm so thankful I don't live in an R.V., even someplace as nice as Lazy Days. Not saying I wouldn't at some point. R.V. Life is definitely a possibility for retirement, but with kids, I'm thankful, like so much in my life, for unanswered prayers and unrealized dreams. Also very much thankful for B1. The highlights of the short trip: Nana's brisket with Japanese BBQ sauce, the new A/C unit we put in last summer, the cozy beds in such a small rig, the new bedding, donuts for a dollar Sunday morning program, the gem mine activity, climbing wall in the kids playroom with the lego board to place legos up high, and last but certainly not least, C's interior design improvements to to the RV from Target.

Comments