Lemons Way

Continuing adventures, observations, and images.

Three new chairs

The kids encouraged me to buy three of these super duper cheap $30 plastic chairs at Target, along with the $20 table. They are perfect for the space and our needs. We enjoyed a sunset together, then they joined me for my coffee the next morning, all three of us with our separate devices. They like the chairs because they chose them and I like them because they are blue. The backyard at B1 has come a long way since we moved in last year, and there's one more significant improvement on the way before it's essentially done for now (hint, take a look at that peeling paint...). I always loved this backyard, but as I've become older and even more of a homebody (if that's possible), I appreciate the simple times, relaxing outside in the pleasant space, free from some of the stresses of the world. Driving through town several times this past weekend, I was surprised at how much time I spent in dense traffic, waiting at lights. More and more I see in-town as someplace separate, busy, stressful. In this place I can breathe easier, I can hear the birds chirping even now. There is almost always some sort of a breeze up here. The light is nice and changing throughout the day. Mornings are cool and beautiful and sunsets are warm and divine. Naps seem to come easily here. The fruit trees and flowers are thriving at present, irrigated by the drip system several hours each week. Life is full of ups and downs, challenges, disappointments, struggles, and setbacks, but I try and remember as often as possible how very much we are blessed in ways both large and small.

Comments