Lemons Way

Continuing adventures, observations, and images.

There is raw nature here still

This family of deer walked past my backyard view fence at 530 this morning as usual. To live so close to a city while enjoying frequent and precious glimpses into the natural world around me is yet another blessing. Enjoying coffee outside while I watch the light come up on the hills surrounding B1 puts me in my own private little sanctuary. Enjoyed dinner with my mom and cousin at the club after a relatively busy week at the office and with sick kids. First monsoon shower last night up in the foothills. First week back to the office in forever, it seems. Had a little panic attack when I first arrived into the closed office space, but felt completely back at home before long. Having spent so, so many years in law offices, I forgot how much I've operated in that unique environment... the law office, or more specifically, the family law office. I forgot how much I enjoy being out of the house and working with clients face to face. The bandwidth of communication is much greater in person and the human connection is better all around. The freedom from the office was very useful and even necessary and beneficial for lots of reasons during these past couple of years, but I'm happy to have been brought back and hopeful for the future.

Comments