Lemons Way

Continuing adventures, observations, and images.

The Laser

If there is one thing you don't find much use for in these parts, it would have to be the Laser sailboat. And this is the second dinghy I've kept here. Definitely should get rid of it as we only used it once together and that didn't go too well, though we did manage to avoid colliding with that big motorcruiser. Those three shakedown sails in Mexico last summer while getting it rigged and ready were fun too. Since then it has sat, collecting dust. Maybe it wasnt yet time for the Laser last summer, with everything going on. On father's day 2022, we cleaned it off, a project I've been putting off for some time as kind of a milestone. Having recently cleaned the Aliner from stem to stern it was time to attend to the Laser. It took all of 10 minutes. When will we sail her again, I don't know. This morning I can hear a swarm of bees near where I sit in the front yard to drink coffee. And there was a skeeter in the backyard spot, ruining that. Back inside even though this is the first cool morning in a while. Off to hike soon, then a full day of work and other fun. The garage preserves the adventure toys extremely well and they cost nothing to store here, so we can await the right time for as long as it takes. Until then, peace and blessings to you, dear blog groupies.

Comments