Lemons Way

Continuing adventures, observations, and images.

In my father’s honor and memory

It is a week since the last post, and 15 years almost to the day I started this sailblog. Much has happened in the last week alone that doesn't make it here. What does is that Nana had us over for Shabbat dinner again this week. When we arrived L took me on a ride to this special spot on dad's golf cart. We hit balls into the hole together as the sunset started to form over the Catalina foothills. The breeze felt perfect. It was one of those blessed moments fathers sometimes get to share with their children. My father worked so very very hard, often from morning until night. He was adept at building wealth and developed a little into a lot, with the help and guidance of my mom, who deserves much of the credit as well. Practically everything I have is from them in one way or another, and this is still the case, almost 52 years on. I can't really take all the credit for the amazing things that have come to be in my life, as I am but the beneficiary most of the time, and not the original creator. The education. The jobs. The upbringing. The connections. The plans and ideas I never would have done myself. Alone I would likely have become a bum. It is only through my having been born into this life, with these people I have lived with and loved, at this time in this place in the celestial scheme of things... it is impossible for me to believe my life is random. It's just too amazing and interesting and blessed to be random. Geo said I must have good karma, and I suppose this could be true, after all the kids and families we fought for and sometimes even helped back when I was a trial lawyer. Or perhaps I am the beneficiary of another life or lives, of which I can only imagine. I don't get it. I'm pretty sure there is a greater purpose, what I am not yet and may never be made aware. Maybe it is as simple as being their dad, nothing more or less grand. If so, that is enough and I'm grateful. Grateful enough, even with the challenges, to hand out some of it to each of you too, dear blog groupies, in the form of this little post.

Comments