Lemons Way

Continuing adventures, observations, and images.

An elegant evening with Mother Nature

It is finally cool and dry enough in San Carlos to enjoy coffee on deck in the morning. This cooler dryer weather usually doesn't come until later in October. Cafe Combate, which they roast in sugar. Yum. I drove through the rain between Nogales and well past Hermosillo to get here. Had to stop at the Auto Zone in Santa Ana and have new wipers installed on the truck. It poured all the way through Hermosillo. The truck made it easily through flooded streets while I tweaked settlement documents on the phone with C at the law office. Thrills these days are not what they used to be. By the time I arrived at Johnny's Tacos they were closing early due to the rain. I wound up stopping at a roadside diner and ordering a huge milanaise torta that I had for both late lunch and dinner. The skies cleared as I arrived to San Carlos like I was entering some enchanted Pueblo. It was so calm and lovely at sunset I took OZ out by myself into the fading light, out of the Marina at absolute low tide without hitting bottom that I could feel. Wouldn't have done that normally, except I texted Manuel and he said to go for it slowly. Now I know I can make it in and out in Marina real in Oz no matter the tide, as long as it's reasonably calm. Kids called to say goodnight just as I was heading back into the Marina. Cool, comfortable sleep in two segments. Now it is time to finish this coffee, take a walk or something, and enjoy this little paradise. Peace blog groupies.

Comments