Lemons Way

Continuing adventures, observations, and images.

52 years!

Enjoying coffee in my 'enjoy the journey' mug on the morning of my 52 birthday. Had another good night's sleep last night after a homemade pizza party with the kids. We were supposed to go out to eat but L was sick so we picked up ingredients instead and made one bobili mushroom pizza and one just cheese. Probably would have been cheaper to order take out from Arizona pizza down the street, but not as fun and healthy as making it from 'scratch. And there's plenty of leftover ingredients for more home cooking later. These days I prefer to make food instead of eating out. The ingredients I pick are better and the dishes are not thrown together quickly. Used to love eating out, but everything has become so expensive and it's just not reliably better having cheap workers cook for me anymore. In so, so many ways, middle age life has become more simple like this. I seem to enjoy the simple things. I suppose that happens to a lot of people at this point in life. For so long life's meaning was about friends or school or work or things or adventures or accomplishments. I have reached the point that I'm glad just to be alive, without much obsession for those sort of things anymore. I put myself in many, many situations that could have resulted in a different path than the one that led me to this moment, enjoying homemade coffee in B1 with the kids, ready to finish setting up the already rebuilt succah and go out to breakfast on my 52nd birthday. Whatever the future brings, happy day to you, dear blog groupies!

Comments