Lemons Way

Continuing adventures, observations, and images.

Picked up by the cement truck driver

I was minding my own business, hiking from Marina Real to Marina San Carlos because there was nothing better to do. Halfway to town this cement truck stopped for me. I wanted to walk, but couldn't resist the adventure. He set up this wooden box with a cardboard box folded flat as a seat on top of it. It was like sitting on a top. This machine wouldn't have passed inspection in the states, but he drove it like a boss, weaving between cars and shifting gears with this massive shifter. It was so much fun, and just the sort of thing that happens to me when I do my freaking job and adventure like I'm meant to. It is hard to adjust because I've associated satisfaction for so long with litigation and trial, it is like I've forgotten how to have fun in nature. But, evidently, not completely. I almost passed out before lunch it was so hot and humid and my body is not used to being worked hard. I was ravenous when I got back to the sailboat even though I ate two big but uninspired carne asada tacos in town. Almost bought some art, but I'm more in a getting rid of stuff phase. It is a beautiful and cool evening here on the sailboat OZ in this little corner of the Sea of Cortez in Mexico. Peace and blessings to you, dear blog groupies.

Comments