Lemons Way

Continuing adventures, observations, and images.

Snow in the Old Pueblo

Yesterday morning it snowed in Tucson for about an hour or so in the morning. Took my morning walk in it and it was glorious. A very rare treat. Had to wear gloves to keep my hands warm and it was still cold. Awoke this morning to the golden glow of the early morning light coming over the hills surrounding my home. I was thinking last night as I began to dwell on a chronically sore hip joint, that it is inevitable my body will get older and less capable over the next decades if I am fortunate to live that long. And in the coming years, even more than the previous ones, there will be plenty of reason to complain, to feel bad, and be guilty for the things I've done and not done. However, those feelings will not help me to do or accomplish anything good anymore. Not sure they ever have been much use, possibly more so in my youth. At this juncture I've felt more than enough negative vibrations in my 52 years, most often in response to other people. No more. There isn't time for those sorts of feelings anymore and they are not useful to me, rather the opposite. I'm going to do my best to live even more happily and in even greater peace in the time I have left, regardless of what anyone else thinks or does. It's admittedly always been my desired path, but like being afraid of the dark or the boogie man, it sometimes takes a while to realize so many of our fears and negative emotions are merely previous impressions relived in our minds. The fears and worries are almost never based on anything real and practically never actually amount to harm. 98% of all my fears and negative emotions so far have been completely wasted energy. We truly live a heaven or hell based on how we manage our minds. But we are not our minds or even our bodies. We are spiritual beings inhabiting human bodies and our thoughts are created entirely by the body and not so much by the spirit. Our thoughts are not us. Our feelings are not us. Our senses are not really us. I have learned all those things are just conclusions reached by the body, but they do not necessarily represent reality. Senses and thoughts and feelings allow us to experience this physical existence, but they are not actually us. I am a spirit existing presently in the form of Keith, like an avitar of sorts. I'm still trying to fully understand it myself. Perhaps we are not meant to dwell on the separation between the soul and the body while we are living here on Earth, or maybe the opposite is true.

Comments