Lemons Way

Continuing adventures, observations, and images.

Fancy Dinner with Mom

Since I returned from Mexico slightly less than a week ago I've been busy with parenting matters, mostly. It is presently the two day block away from the kids. I've spent it working in and around the house, taking care of this and that around town, and assembling a few items to bring up to Q2. First and foremost are some new mattresses. I ordered the first one last week and it delivered several days later. The mattresses left to me by my friends are fine and completely decent, but I have seen the light when it comes to good mattresses. I've not actually loved a mattress prior to experiencing the Avocado brand my ex wife discovered a few years before we separated. It is a hybrid foam/spring coil pillow top made mostly by hand with natural and organic materials. It comes in a box with the air sucked out. I'm bringing one up to Q2 in my truck later this week. Finally, I will have a bed in Mexico as comfortable and amazing as the one I have at home in Tucson, if not quite as big. Perhaps then I'll feel more comfortable staying more than a couple of days at a time. The sailboat is rather confining, with its relatively small size and narrow beam, though I still want to stay on it. Already I'm getting too many emails from Loma about this party and that ATV ride and tickets for taco night and to sign up for their Marti Gras parade and celebration. Maybe this will be one of my retirement homes. Am I too young at 52 for a 50 and older community… While pondering such things here at B1 in the Old Pueblo, I had the distinct pleasure of sharing Pollo Del Mar and a similarly exotic appetizer with filleted anchovies with my 59 year old mother last night. It was packed, but we were given a table ahead of the crowd as a result of the decades my parents have patronized this restaurant. We are blessed. We are blessed. We are blessed. There is plenty to complain about if we focus on that, but so much more to be thankful for. Right, Blog Groupies?

Comments