Lemons Way

Continuing adventures, observations, and images.

Back at Q2

Dropped the kids off with their mom for the Arizona rodeo holiday and then headed southward to the sea of Cortez. A brief stop in Hermosillo to pick up some pictures I had framed of and by the kids to keep down here. While waiting for the proprietors to return to the shop after afternoon siesta, I picked up a grilled chicken dinner from a joint that looked really good. Arrived at sunset, did a brief shopping trip and Santa Rosa, then unpacked into the house. Enjoyed catching up with Lou and Ingrid at their place for dinner. Then they helped me unload and unroll the new avocado mattress and place it up on the solid wooden slat frame Manuel acquired for me. The queen with pillow topper weighs almost 150 lbs. It was the most comfortable night I have spent in Mexico so far, and I’ve spent a lot of nights here. That amazing mattress really did make me feel like I was in my own bed at home. It truly turned Q2 in one night into my home away from home. This morning I turned on the gas, made some hot coffee, and lit the hot water heater on the trailer side of the house. There is a second hot water heater that runs on electricity and serves the structure part of the house. Slowly but surely I will transform this little place into a cool, stylish, and very comfortable pad here in the hills of San Carlos, Mexico. For now I've got several days ahead of me with nothing more important to do than relax and enjoy. Peace and blessings out to you, too, dear blog groupies.

Comments