Lemons Way

Continuing adventures, observations, and images.

Another Five day block

This was the fading light on the final evening of the most recent five day block with the children. A good time for all of us emotionally and physically, I hope. Afterward, I enjoyed sushi lunch with my friend J, followed by yummy candy chasers from Trader Joe's. Checked in with my mom at the end of the day. Grateful to do all these things. I am presently back outside in the yard, enjoying the sun setting over the hill behind the clouds. It will be too chilly to stay out here much longer even though I put on one of my dad's heavy sweatshirts. Slowly gathering another load to bring up to the Mexico house, including, of course, a beefy new air conditioner in preparation for the brutal humid summer months ahead. The existing window AC unit is operational, but it is down to like maybe 25% of what is needed to cool this place down to chilly willy in the dead of summer. It is so old and decrepit, the large foam filter screen completely disintegrated when I checked it. I would estimate the existing AC is 15 to 20 years old years and rarely if ever used. It’s not needed in the winter and it would seem none of the residents of Q2 spent the summer in San Carlos, Sonora. The window unit in the back seat of my truck is 12,000 BTU, which is 25% larger than the sailboat AC, but this place is more than that much larger, but in a cooler place. Whatever. Q2 should be pretty much finished soon and I’m pretty sure it will be plenty cool this summer. If not, we have other options. There really is no need for more extensive renovations. I considered taking out the vintage trailer and building a completely new structure in its place. Several similar project are currently underway by other neighbors and many have already been completed, but it's not necessary for me as I'm not actually retired any more than I am actually cruising my sailboat. Additionally, the character and historical nature of the property is best preserved in its current form. I can make Q2 plenty comfortable, modern and clean within its existing form, while saving a bunch of money that I don't really have to spend on this sort of thing. I might've gotten an amazing new truck for the price of this casita, but I already have a good truck in perfect working condition. I really didn't have a good margarita deck or and a very comfortable place to sleep in Mexico. Now I do. Peace G's.

Comments